The Corroboree
∂an

Rainbow Serpent festival 2011

anyone heading along to this one? looking forward to seeing alex grey and shpongle amongst a plethora of other ethnobotanically inspired acts. some interesting talks on also.

four blissful days. :lol:

Edited by Korky

"Bought the ticket, will take the ride." :rolleyes:

I have tickets. This will be my 1st :)

I have tickets. This will be my 1st :)

my first too, coming bck to OZ especially for this one! going to be a ripper...

Tickets bought! Can't wait :) Especially for Alex Grey and Shpongle.

Possibly my favourite weekend of the year.. Will be there for my seventh time running B)

^^ possibly coming out of your prog closet hey?

ill be there, the dude with a beer and the dirt rimmed nostrils...

Any of you multi-timers got sage advise for 1st timers?

i've heard a lot of people say the good old "pace youself and don't peak too early"...

i would beg to differ after taking their advice the last couple of years. dive in headfirst, float around , bump into randoms and make the most of the gathering!

on a practical note, bring shade structures that can withstand serious wind. the wind farms are next to the party for good reason!

^ Agree on the latter, dunno about the former.. I used to go nuts from the start, but these days I try get at least a couple of hours sleep on the Saturday morning. From Saturday on shit gets loose and there's not alot of time for rest.

Have a wicked camp setup with a bunch of friends.

It's better to have too much alcohol than not enough.

Stay 'til Tuesday.

Expect it to be ridiculously cold at night and ridiculously hot in the day.

Water spray bottles are awesome. The ones meant for spraying weeds that you pump in particular.

Quality ear plugs (ie etymotic) are a good idea if you're gonna be up the front alot.

Check out the Rainbow Games if you can.

Don't be afraid to introduce yourself to new people and campsites!

Check out KinDzaDza on the main stage if you wanna see a dancefloor of people have their shit fucked up like Rainbow has never seen before B)

^ Agree on the latter, dunno about the former.. I used to go nuts from the start, but these days I try get at least a couple of hours sleep on the Saturday morning. From Saturday on shit gets loose and there's not alot of time for rest.

Have a wicked camp setup with a bunch of friends.

It's better to have too much alcohol than not enough.

Stay 'til Tuesday.

Expect it to be ridiculously cold at night and ridiculously hot in the day.

Water spray bottles are awesome. The ones meant for spraying weeds that you pump in particular.

Quality ear plugs (ie etymotic) are a good idea if you're gonna be up the front alot.

Check out the Rainbow Games if you can.

Don't be afraid to introduce yourself to new people and campsites!

Check out KinDzaDza on the main stage if you wanna see a dancefloor of people have their shit fucked up like Rainbow has never seen before B)

advice worthy of the rainbow website. :lol:

what say we have some kind of meet at the fest? maybe sat morning? when we're all well set up and can still interact on some level. :P

any thoughts???

I'd be up for it, no guarantee I'll remember/get there though :lol:

RSF is loads of fun, see you all there :lol:

not long now, god that was quick

:uzi::lol:

just a heads up, beaufort, very very close to the rainbow is being evacuated due to flooding, obviously theres a good chance it will be a lot dryer by this time next week but for those travelling long distances it probably couldn't hurt to keep your eye on the rainbow face book page:here

apparently they are assessing today and updating the site with further info this afternoon

cross your bits, prey to your deity, wear a rabbits foot, what ever it takes...

Met many great people, had many great experiences. A life-affirming/changing event for sure.

How did everybody else go?

dead set. worst time of my life. first and definitely the last time i go to rainbow.

vibe was totally shit. why the fuck would i pay $200 for the privilege of listening to music that i could download for free on my computer??

might as well just turn off the lights, crank up the shpongle, and grab a glostick. at least then you won't get bitten by mosquitoes and will actually get a decent night's sleep.

the best part of rainbow was the drive home.

The fuck?

why the fuck would (?) i pay $200 for the privilege of listening to music that i could download for free on my computer??

Uh, because music was only one of the many things on offer? And because your computer doesn't come with a dance floor with hundreds of cool people, etc?

might as well just turn off the lights, crank up the shpongle, and grab a glostick. at least then you won't get bitten by mosquitoes and will actually get a decent night's sleep.

Well, what can I say to that? Aeroguard and ear plugs...

lol faustus ya granny

Obvious troll is obvious.

It was my first this year, I had a great time. It was a pity that the main stage got so muddy... but obviously it was unavoidable with that many people there.

My favourite night was Sunday night/Monday morning. The market stage was going off, they had some great acts on.

dead set. worst time of my life. first and definitely the last time i go to rainbow.

So it wasn't worth all those wristies then.:lol:

Its a shame that you didn't enjoy it. I didn't go, and I am keen to hear all about it. The video that synchromesh provided with the psychedelic lion(?) looks great. That would have spun a few people out .

So it wasn't worth all those wristies then.

i take it that you aren't famliar with the sage advice of confucius - "a good wristie is its own reward"

no in all honestly, i was just being facetious. synchro i'm surprised you fell for it, it was just way too clitched and contrived to be true :P

this was my first time to rainbow and i most certainly intend on going next year. i think the atmosphere, music were the bomb. the people i met were amazing, interesting, unique, beautiful and just plain cool . for me at least, it was one of those experiences that reminded me that people are inherently good-hearted and mean well. for an emotionally scarred and bitter person such as myself, i think i needed a recharge like that. there ain't nothing like doing poi with shpongle as the soundtrack.

+the motorised couch that some dude had crafted was the fucking illest, and alone was worth the price of the ticket B)