The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
etherealdrifter

Funny Meredith stories - lets share some

Meredith Music Festival is always a fun journey :P We've made it a few times. On the weekend, we made the trek once more.

The music,the nutjobs, the downright-unexplainable and the stories. Ah, the stories.

A person gave my wife and i some ( 5 or 6?)hbwr seeds each while we were all sitting around enjoying the camp banter. A homebrew long neck washed down the chewed mess after around 10mins or so. About 1.half hours later we both decided to walk up to the "Pink Flamingo Bar" for a - u guessed it - a pink flamingo(a nice,potent cocktail). Anyway, we approach the bar, order and receive ,step away , take a sip and my wife whispers to me,

"Didn't u see the turd.U almost stepped in it!"

"Naah, where....wha.." Then i saw it. It was a small, perfectly shaped 'curlywurly with a tiny pinch' at the toptip of it. Dark brown.

Wow, i thought. Imagine that. Did the psychonaut just drop em and dropped it or ...........god........we're people egging em on b4 security booted their arse out?

So, for the next 5mins we debated and watched with baited breath.

"Him...no no her.....wait wait this guy....no it's gotta be this beirdo"

Then "it" happened and another mmf story was born.

A guy wearing a suit with blinking,fluro, green lights draped around him walked up.........kicked it and then picked it up and put it right up there on the bar

We went........!@!!#%!@!%! er.um.fuck off. He did not. Noway. far out pretty .......um chilled guy huh:) :blink: ??turns out

the turd was someone's lost glove

the true end

• Like 1

Your story, Drifta, reminds me of a time when I was at a warehouse party, having consumed a couple of purple dots.

Things had been pretty strange, but I was past the most intense part of it and was able to have coherent conversation for the first time in a few hours.

Anyway, I got chatting to this guy who was operating the lighting show. He was great, quite a bit older, telling me about earlier parties and how he'd gotten into light work. Anyway, after a few minutes of chatting, I realised he had flippers for arms, as though he was born to a mother who had taken thalidomide. He'd bend his body down and use his flipper to control the lights and it was so natural. As i was still in a pretty heavy head space, this was full on for me. A part of me couldn't bear to see such disfiguration but the other part of me, the part hat won out the internal battle was to look inside this guy's heart and forget about his deformity.

I started feeling so much respect for this guy who had been born with such an ailment and had managed to be woking in a really interesting job and not seeming at all concerned about his disability. We chatted for about half an hour and it was such an interesting time of self reflection from my part, contemplating the human spirit and the ability to overcome hardship.

Anyway, finally it was time to part company and we said our good byes and he extended his flipper, which telescoped out into a completely normal arm. I did a quick double take and realised this thalidomide baby was actually physically normal in every sense.

We shook hands and I left, somewhat wiser and more confused. :wacko:

• Like 1

Hahaha. That's fucking hilarious Rabael. I started smiling 3rd paragraph, and by the end i was lol'ing all over the joint.

Classic.

hahha

cheers

Your story, Drifta, reminds me of a time when I was at a warehouse party, having consumed a couple of purple dots.

Things had been pretty strange, but I was past the most intense part of it and was able to have coherent conversation for the first time in a few hours.

Anyway, I got chatting to this guy who was operating the lighting show. He was great, quite a bit older, telling me about earlier parties and how he'd gotten into light work. Anyway, after a few minutes of chatting, I realised he had flippers for arms, as though he was born to a mother who had taken thalidomide. He'd bend his body down and use his flipper to control the lights and it was so natural. As i was still in a pretty heavy head space, this was full on for me. A part of me couldn't bear to see such disfiguration but the other part of me, the part hat won out the internal battle was to look inside this guy's heart and forget about his deformity.

I started feeling so much respect for this guy who had been born with such an ailment and had managed to be woking in a really interesting job and not seeming at all concerned about his disability. We chatted for about half an hour and it was such an interesting time of self reflection from my part, contemplating the human spirit and the ability to overcome hardship.

Anyway, finally it was time to part company and we said our good byes and he extended his flipper, which telescoped out into a completely normal arm. I did a quick double take and realised this thalidomide baby was actually physically normal in every sense.

We shook hands and I left, somewhat wiser and more confused. :wacko:

stories.love stories.>>bump>trptales are cool stories.

Rab, i remember you walking away and looking down at your own arm and realising that infact, tis was you that had the flipper's for arms.