The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
dohnut

DMT

I have a bit to say on this topic...

But I wont say jack shit, you sir have publicly admitted to illegal acts and tried to involve others in conspiracy to produce illegal drugs- not cool.

reptyle:

does taking an maoi before smoking lengthen the trip. i think i have heard of someone doing that and  having a rather long and intense trip. however that information is about as reliable as...well... its not really reliable.

anyway, anyone tried that?

A gnome i know recently tried this.

He tried smokable dmt alone and got about 5 minutes of hyperspace time.

Then the gnome later added a small amount of syrian rue to one cone and ended up gettting about 15 minutes hyperspace time.

The gnomes friend later tried smoking a larger amount of syrian rue along with smoked dmt and estimates that he got about 20 mins hyperspace time. And now swears that he will never try dmt again.

It could be purely subjective though like how accurately did they measure each milligrams doseage of DMT and how much was held in and for how long?

By adding the rue the above gnome may have partially blocked the cone and increased the time the DMT stayed under the torch instead of ending up in the drink

When working with such a powerful substance that requires such a tiny amount to elicit an effect it's pretty hard to generalise like this.

[ 23. March 2005, 21:18: Message edited by: mescalito ]

I agree one should be careful in drawing conclusions from such a subjective experience, with one trial and so many uncontrolled variables.

But that the main metabolite of injected/smoked DMT is IAA, the product produced by MAO, strongly suggests that MAO inhibition would increase the length of action even when smoked/injected. As I said ,there's plenty of the enzyme in the brain and liver. I think it's in the platelets too.

I believe the reason why tryptamine itself is inactive (even parenterally)is because the unhindered amine allows easy access to hepatic MAO.

So it does make sense, anyway...

Originally posted by planthelper:

if you want a short strong dmt trip, than it's all about overiding the brain barrier and nothing else.

what i mean is,

if you smoke dmt, the actives hit the blood stream and brain and whatever very fast and very concentrated, as such the natural defence is overcharged for a while and thats why halus occure.

whilst oral absorbtion is much slower, so you need maoi.

and yes a pharma lab prolly produces allways cleaner material, than the home lab.

it's just that i was thinking of the kava pill scandal, whilst writting that reply.

and in that instance the pharma stuff was partly poison, and the islanders produced better material.

I agree with Auxin here, love the bodo love of bodo or move on Sister!

Edited by darcy