The Corroboree
JDanger

looking for participants

Dear Friends,

My research colleague (username Prometheus on these forums) has requested that I end recruitment via this thread on The Corroboree. However, the study will remain open for several more weeks and if you chance upon the URL, you're more than welcome to complete it.

If you'd like to grab the URL or be notified of results once the study has ended, please send a PM to Prometheus (who has posted below).

On behalf of the research team involved in this study, many praises of appreciation are offered to those who have given their time and participated in the study.

JDanger

Edited by JDanger

I thought it was a good survey until the end which dealt with a few personal questions that made me have to think about myself and admit to myself a few things i'd usually ignore. Not having closure after dealing with that wasn't the best feeling in the world :/

Mine froze at about the 70% mark and refused to go to the next page. Now I'm curious what these "personal" questions at the end were.

It's probably a bit long for an online survey because of things like this happening (crashes). Also, I don't mind doing a long survey, but it's frustrating when you are asked the same thing over and over again in different ways. I'm assuming it's to make sure people aren't just randomly ticking boxes? Still annoying anyway.

Is the repetitiveness of a few questions a deliberate thing? Good survey.

• Like 1

jdanger, how was EGA? :wub:

Edited by faustus

Sorry, my inbox was full. Should work now.

cool,

nice work vince et all. will go through it when i get a bit more time. keep up the good work!

Completed.

Is there any chance of seeing the results/report when complete? I would love that.

jake, how was EGA? :wub:

It was dope. Rick Doblin told me personally that anyone who didn't attend was a 'chat cunt'. Must be some new Californian term. :bootyshake:

ye seeing the results when its all chalked up would be good!

looney bin material in general i reckon :P

mr danger, is this the same study as the one mentioned in today's EGA e-mail?

i had no idea you were involved in the DMT study too. i had a read of your paper. it was aiight, but tell the half-wit who wrote it that a demented chimp hacking away at a typewriter could write a better intro, results and discussion.

mr danger, i just don't know who i have a bigger non-sexual crush on, you or rick (and yes, he and i are on a first-name basis) :wub:

Edited by faustus

Looks like the same study.

We didn't want to make it public but the lead author on the DMT study actually was a demented chimp and the paper was written largely on a typewriter. By the end of it he didn't want any more bananas, just more spice. We haven't seen him since; last we heard he was cruising around the outback smoking changa and starting fights.

:devil:

• Like 1

Perhaps an infinite number of demented chimps was employed to write the paper. At least one of them was bound to type that paper eventually.

I read it today. It's really exciting to see such research appearing in the scientific literature, so big pat on the back to the demented chimp et al. While it mostly confirms what most of us would expect from anecdotal 'evidence', it's good to see quantitative results with an unbiased approach. Also good to see the discussion on the shortcomings of the method. There really isn't much in the literature on this aspect of DMT (most of what I have read is strictly biological), so I think this is really important work. :worship:

Looks like the same study.

We didn't want to make it public but the lead author on the DMT study actually was a demented chimp and the paper was written largely on a typewriter. By the end of it he didn't want any more bananas, just more spice. We haven't seen him since; last we heard he was cruising around the outback smoking changa and starting fights.

:devil:

I commend the chimp on his hard work.

As they say, give a chimp a cone of changa and watch him punch himself in the head.

Teach him how to make his own changa and watch him punch half the cunts this side of the black stump.

Thanks again for putting this out there folks!!!

just did the survey, looks great! meester danger, any idea when it's going to close?

Edited by faustus

Very much looking forward to the results of this study....

Did I hear some chat about Changa!!!

Well don't be shy, pack her up.

consul_the_chimp.jpg

• Like 1

so, for how much longer is this study going?

meester danger, meester danger, how was your new years? miss me??? :wub:

The survey isn't far from the finish line. It'll probably be a week or two at most before the chimp gets back to his typewriter.

And new years was lovely, thank you. I spent the first two seconds of 2011 under water, thinking of you.

Dear SABers,

Yep, we're close to wrapping up recruitment for the study, save for the need to get more non, former, or infrequent drug users.

If still you'd like to participate or get the results of the study once we've finished it, then please PM me with with your e-mail and I shall add you.

Again, the support offered from the SAB/EGA community has definitely not gone unnoticed, we deeply appreciate the time offered by everyone who has participated!

Prometheus

Edited by prometheus

Done. That was difficult, I felt like I could have put yes or no to everything... Thinking about myself is confusing!