The Corroboree
Hashassian

Juke_Duke

To see the 2 listings follow the link then click on "completed listings" on the panel on the left. You will need to sign in to view completed listings.

Bah ! Good on him. Fuck em all !!

• Like 2

Considering this person is also selling an 'Eileen' clone I would suggest that he is also reading this very thread. lol..

I have been contacted from a friend of his on here, so I would say yes he definitely knows about this thread! :P

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280591706287

What do you guys reckon of this one?

To me there is no way in hell that is what is known as 'Hulks Dick'. Let alone that Hulks Dick is not even a Trichocereus.

http://www.cactus-art.biz/schede/LOPHOCEREUS/Lophocereus_schotii/Lophocereus_schotti_big_penis/Lophocereus_schottii_big_penis.htm

Its a nice cactus but not what its claimed, mirepresentation or just uninformed?

Actualy remids me alot of MBN95

Might be an idea to let him know its probly not a great idea to sell some of these items with the same account you use to buy 1/2 a doz items from a seller who sells items that could be used to do something illegal.

Edited by shruman

shruman are you saying he is selling a lophocereus and calling it a trich?

i'm sure its a trich, i have several bridgesii grown from seed that have titty things like that

i think he's just calling it hulk dick to get people exited. but it doesnt look anything like a dick

if he was selling that big penis lophocereus... well, i would be exited. look how big it is! is it even in australia? i have only seen the totem pole one

Sorry Flora, I'm saying I think he's selling a Trichocereus bridgesii could be monstrose or semi monstrose its a small cutting & theres no pic of the mum so I do'nt know. I'm also saying what he is selling is not whats commonly called Hulks dick & that Hulks dick is IMO most likely a Lophocereus schotti monstrose not a Trichocereus bridgesii monstrose as Juke Duke & many others have claimed.

No I do'nt think Hulks dick is in australia yet flora & have'nt seen any reference to it on any relevant boards but you could be suprised by what migh be hidden away in someones collection.

Yes I have had the pleasure of seeing a nice 3-4' totem pole, they are a magnificent specimen.

Edited by shruman

Looks like there is definitely others worse than old jukey! I received a message from Ebay warning me that they had to remove a bid I'd placed on a Russell Hobbs 8L pressure cooker for only $99. They would not say why they had to remove it but strongly recommended that if it was re-listed to not place another bid on it.

So just thought I'd let all you dudes know that if your chasing a pressure cooker on Ebay.. stear away from a seller advertising the Russell Hobbs pressure cookers, not sure of the sellers name I will have to have a look but I think they are the only seller advertising the Russell Hobbs brand. Dodgey bastards.. :slap:

ok gotcha shruman . i was confused because i thought what was commonly called hulk dick was a trich. interesting that it might not be. actually looking at the pictures i can totally see it now, i agree with you.

hmm, if you are after an 8.5 L pressure cooker what do you think of this one? scanpan

it is $150 with postage and good quality made in Denmark. actually checked out those russell hobbs ones at kmart a while ago and they seemed hell cheesy.

$150 is a bloody steal for an 8.5 Litre. Those Russell Hobbs PC's do look a bit flimsy.. I borrowed a "no-namer" PC from the lady over the road which looked identical, even though I only had to sterilise BRF and verm I figured to go overboard rather than run more of a risk with contams, but yeah her PC was so flimsy, the whistle wouldnt lift up itself as I think pressure was escaping out the side slightly but I'm sure it was atleast 10-12 PSI anyhow, I had to re-screw all the handles on tightly too and when you release the steam it all comes outta the handles haha.. good enough for BRF and Verm.

I'm actually really tempted to buy just an 8L Classic Style Hawkins PC. They seem hardy as hell and have a great rep behind the brand name. On Ebay, I think a 7ltr Hawkins Classic PC was only roughly $89 plus 20-odd for postage, might havta get the missus onto it for me chrissy prezzy! :P:wub:

Edited by LikeAshesWeFade

i posted this as a fav to my fello entho heads....yes there are always bozo's knocking it but....im told to spread the love

to question juke on anything cacti is stoopid.

watch, part with your coin and help increase the energy!

I don’t think what the guy was doing was such a bad thing - sure it was illegal, there’s always a risk you get caught anytime you do something illegal, whether it be speeding, cutting through that still almost orange red light, or passing your friend a joint - but that doesn’t mean you do get caught - I know I don’t 99.9% of the time for the above three...

Granted - it was a bit stoopid of a guy with the botanical names of about 4 other plants simultaneously listed to then have one that he “just didn’t know” but was still selling it- imo at least put something half-arsed like “Coleus” or “Sage”. That way generally only people with an interest in the field yet to acquire certain plants will catch on... Not the general public at large

Sure there’s police looking at ebay sometimes, somehow - but I’m sure departments like the “exotic plants on ebay division” don’t exist within the police force - if he was caught I reckon they’d come round and take some of his stuff and impose whatever state penalties may apply - unless he had 20 kg of pre packed Sally D leaf in his garage I doubt it would go to the point of tracing all sales etc etc etc

I guess the main point is, with the acknowledgement of the need for caution, people like him need to exist - otherwise there is too much of an entry barrier for any new participants, the field needs to expand and more people need to get into our common interest - otherwise it become too elitist, secretive and too hard to gain entry - then it all dies just like the police wanted....

• Like 1

Sure there's police looking at ebay sometimes, somehow - but I'm sure departments like the "exotic plants on ebay division" don't exist within the police force - if he was caught I reckon they'd come round and take some of his stuff and impose whatever state penalties may apply - unless he had 20 kg of pre packed Sally D leaf in his garage I doubt it would go to the point of tracing all sales etc etc etc

I know police regularly check newspaper classifieds for stolen and illegal goods, I can't see why Ebay would be any different.

If there is direct evidence of a crime it's their job to act on it.

A lot of the stuff you see on forums that might seem incriminating, but on forums there is always the bullshit factor to take into account (people could embellish their stories to look cool) If they were to chase every lead they'd be chasing wild geese a lot of the time, but with direct evidence like the case in point they have an open and shut case.

I'd say they would have investigated any other sales, but his other stuff is legal so I don't think there would be much they could do without evidence of any crime being committed.

I've got to agree with what you wrote about this field of interest being secretive and somewhat elitist, I don't know if it will spell end of it though. History has shown that suppression of anything is futile, I can't see ethno stuff being any different.

I guess the main point is, with the acknowledgement of the need for caution, people like him need to exist - otherwise there is too much of an entry barrier for any new participants, the field needs to expand and more people need to get into our common interest - otherwise it become too elitist, secretive and too hard to gain entry - then it all dies just like the police wanted....

Couldn't agree more! However, such a public venue as ebay? Wrong place and wrong time IMO. That unknown succulent is known to be a rather powerful teacher, not exactly a plant for shits n giggles. In inexperienced and uneducated hands it potentially leads to more mis-information and damage to its image. That would be a step backward in the direction you spoke of.

Thats my perspective at any rate.

May have overreacted in my earlier post, I'll agree to that. My reaction was based on the reasoning that the seller didn't fully comprehend the potential repercussions of what he had done by listing that item. You can't "unlist" an item and ebay keep records of listings for a very long time for the benefit of the police amongst others.

To that end I apologize to Juke_Duke for calling him/her a moron. Maybe you were just blissfully unaware. :innocent_n:

At any rate this thread has put you on the map. Thats gotta be good for business :P

What do you guys reckon of this one?

To me there is no way in hell that is what is known as 'Hulks Dick'. Let alone that Hulks Dick is not even a Trichocereus.

Not hulks dick , but a nice cactus a bit on the expensive side tho. MBN95 you say?

check this hulking cawk

Trichocereus bridgesii monstruosa

I'd say that's Lophocereus schottii monstrose (a.k.a. cv. big penis cactus).

History has shown that suppression of anything is futile

Touché...

such a public venue as ebay? Wrong place and wrong time IMO

Same again... but where is that magical place that is in the right spot and the right time for genuine newcomers who are interested in exotic (and potentially scheduled) plants? It doesn't even fully blossom here in a small private community... Sublety and tone are hard to get across in text on the internet, I say this because don't get me wrong, this is THE place on the internet for this hobby we share, and it cannot be given enough praise - but how can the population expand without some risks along the way?

by discretion.

it's like what my momma used to say - "boasting gets you nowhere."

how can the population expand without some risks along the way?

That is the real question :) An equilibrium exists that is governed by the ever so slowly evolving and changing social conditions. Change on the scale of a population is very slow unless it is in a direction that people generally are "programmed" to accept. Technology for example. Constantly changing and advancing, and people in general embrace it.

On the other hand consuming natural plant compounds to expand your mind and explore your consciousness... Thats fucken hippie talk ya drugo doll bludger!

I believe that people who develop an interest and are determined will gravitate toward that "magical place" on their own. Water finds its own level :wink: