The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

ashwagandha and alcohol

I have been taking 4-6 capsules of ashwagandha for a bad back that is part twisting for eight hours under my house and part autoinflammatory from an autoimmune condition I coped out of the blue.

its a really impressive anti inflammatory. It seems to just stop the pain and loosen things up, rather than make you feel doped out or poisoned like prescription anti inflammatories or ok for an hour and then back to square one like ginger or other herbs of tried.

Emu Oil seemed ok, but it tended to make me feel weird in the morning if that sounds possible...

ANyway, the ashwagandha dosage went down as usual and then i opened a bottle of wine. Instead of the usual slightly drunk feeling of three glasses of wine i just felt total relaxation bliss. Shoulders dropped, sitting in a chair listening to music with tears in my eyes kinda of vibe. Perhaps its like a xanax booze combo kind of thing? Not sure, but i rate this herb for its anti inflammatory effects - never got much relaxation from it thouhg until i mixed it with a few glasses of wine and then it was bliss bombs!! So good I thought twice about posting lest some do-gooder tried to make it illegal.

=-=

Edited by coin

=-=

Edited by coin

Interesting observation with the booze. At a guess would you estimate that the effect has its basis in the sedative alkaloids of ashwagandha rather than the more medicinal triterpenes? If so perhaps the leaves could be extracted and the alkaloidal bits used to dope wine or somesuch.

Absinthe 2.0 lol