The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
migraineur

Posting Caapi Cuttings Interstate

Hey,

I am from Perth but am having a real hard time trying to find B. Caapi cuttings and P. Viridis cuttings locally. Another problem is W.A.'s brutal quarantine laws which makes it hard to order things from anywhere. A mate of mine in N.S.W who is also keen on ethnobotany said he will buy some plants online and then send me a cutting via express post.

Do you think the cuttings should make it through fine and still be in good condition? I think sending them in rockwool would be good because sending something in soil could be messy and also risk introducing foreign pests.

I looked into ordering seeds, however, from what I have read the chance of the seeds germinating is real low :(

Regards,

Migraineur

Hey,

I am from Perth but am having a real hard time trying to find B. Caapi cuttings and P. Viridis cuttings locally. Another problem is W.A.'s brutal quarantine laws which makes it hard to order things from anywhere. A mate of mine in N.S.W who is also keen on ethnobotany said he will buy some plants online and then send me a cutting via express post.

Do you think the cuttings should make it through fine and still be in good condition? I think sending them in rockwool would be good because sending something in soil could be messy and also risk introducing foreign pests.

I looked into ordering seeds, however, from what I have read the chance of the seeds germinating is real low :(

Regards,

Migraineur

Your cuttings should be fine via express post, make sure your friend uses sterile peat coir or rockwool just to keep them happy if they do happen to take a peek at it.

Your cuttings should be fine via express post, make sure your friend uses sterile peat coir or rockwool just to keep them happy if they do happen to take a peek at it.

Thanks, man. Do you know where a good place to get coarse sharp sand from is in Perth? I got some T. Pachanoi and Bridgesii seeds that I need to plant.

dude people worry too much, if sent correctly packaged they will easily survive a week or two in transit if healthy in the first place.

Thanks, man. Do you know where a good place to get coarse sharp sand from is in Perth? I got some T. Pachanoi and Bridgesii seeds that I need to plant.

and just a quick opinion on soil, i have been doing a few trials with soil, have used multiple types of cactus and others such as dragonfruit, lets just say 3 different soil types....basic bunnings cactus mix, a pro cactus mix and some plain soil from the prehistoric bassendean dune system (swan area perth).

the bassendean dune system soil growth rate it triple of both the others.....im so disappointed with myself that i actuially spent money on buying sand, what a friggin waste. $10 for a bag of sand...........never again......especially now due to its relative poor performance. man i could access a cubic metre or good cactus soil in my car for $3 petrol money.

listen i know people prolly dont have time to waste and just have to go to bunnings but i say dont.....its a scam, buying sand....buying bottles of water HA...stupid.

just like these lazy idiots who spend $50 bucks on trailer of mulch for the garden, keep your eyes open on free drops...especially down water street guildford, and whiteman park for bassendean dune system soil..............FOR FREE.

Edited by santiago
  • Like 1

dude people worry too much, if sent correctly packaged they will easily survive a week or two in transit if healthy in the first place.

and just a quick opinion on soil, i have been doing a few trials with soil, have used multiple types of cactus and others such as dragonfruit, lets just say 3 different soil types....basic bunnings cactus mix, a pro cactus mix and some plain soil from the prehistoric bassendean dune system (swan area perth).

the bassendean dune system soil growth rate it triple of both the others.....im so disappointed with myself that i actuially spent money on buying sand, what a friggin waste. $10 for a bag of sand...........never again......especially now due to its relative poor performance. man i could access a cubic metre or good cactus soil in my car for $3 petrol money.

listen i know people prolly dont have time to waste and just have to go to bunnings but i say dont.....its a scam, buying sand....buying bottles of water HA...stupid.

just like these lazy idiots who spend $50 bucks on trailer of mulch for the garden, keep your eyes open on free drops...especially down water street guildford, and whiteman park for bassendean dune system soil..............FOR FREE.

I live in the Swan Valley. Which part of Whiteman Park should I get this sand from? Can I not get it from Bassendean somewhere or even some parts of Guildford? Although Guildford is full of shitty clay but I suspect there could be some decent sand near the river although I'd have to wash it pretty well.

Edited by migraineur

that thread inspired me with an idea.

i will try to strike/grow viridis and caapi just in water, with this methode, one could send even rooted cuttings...