The Corroboree
mint

Silene capensis indoor to outdoor Q

hello hello,

my silene capensis is about a meter tall, not very sturdy and blows in the wind very easily, i have it in a mini greenhouse, so in theory its roots wont be strong enough to face wind which it has never faced before, i'd like to move it outside to make room for other plants, will this plant die outside the greenhouse or break in the wind, if its a 50/50 chance to take, im willing to take the chance just thought i'd post before i did something stupid, =]

btw: its my first non-gender baby that has flowered :)

(referring to plants as male or female baby's is abit too loco.

thaaaaaaaaaaankss!

Edited by msmith

Sandwiching it between some trellis or wire mesh , or a simple mesh tree guard type setup

that will allow it to thicken up & take strong wind potted or planred out, you may get some damage from rubbing against the mesh but nothing that will hurt the plant

Photosynthetically Enhancing tree-guards

Edited by mac

msmith!

I find your username slightly offensive. I realize u r prob just doping it out of recognition for this person. Only problem is that the REAL M S SMITH is a long term, well respected member and by you using his username/real name u may unintentionally misrepresent yourself as M S SMITH . However it could be your reAL name, in which case, maybe insert your middle initial as to not confuse and help differentiate between u 2 for the less observant amongst us.

I thought it was m s smith initially, till i noticed the post count.

Good idea to include your middle intial to help out.

Cheers, Obtuse.

good point naja, but my guess is that msmith is probably not aware of michaels nickname.

i think the idea of adding another initial is a very good one, but we can't force people to change there nick.

i don't like it if nicknames are similar, or even worse, if it seems like they get stolen.

all the different mescals and teonanacatls or teotzlcoatl, can realy confuse you.

to change a username, click your name on the top right,

than click settings, than on the left is a colum saying, changing username.

if never done it, but i think it's easy.

but be sure you like your new nick as you can change them only once a year...

hey guys, done and dusted, no more msmith, which is Matt is my first name and smith an alias, didnt realise there was m s smith when i signed up lol, just hope your all as nice to me as you are m s smith