Sign in to follow this  
omsource

Humidity in a large grow room

Just wondering if anyone out there has any ideas for boosting

humidity in a larger grow room.

Its a 20 foot shipping container that sits at about 60-70% and

I'm trying to get it up to 90-95%

I've come across the little humidifiers and also

the vaporisers but I reckon they'd only be useful in a smaller room.

Industrial sized humidifiers used for hothouse propagation are waaaay to

expensive for the tiny budget I'm on!

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

omsource

ooops i posted that twice by accident!

my bad

ooops i posted that twice by accident!

my bad

I use a steam vaporiser i got for $1 at the tip. It seems to do my small tent pretty good, it's sometimes hard to find a balance and i have to keep adjusting it as the weather changes. atm it's on a timer to come on for 1/2hr at a time, six times a day.

Uses about a 9 litre bucket every second day.

My tent has the breeze blowing through it a few times a day though. i think it would work fine on a larger space.

If i was doing a container size i would be looking at a high pressure mister system in front of a fan. The nozzles are cheap enough from good garden centres/irrigation places and it could be run from a 12v or 240v pump, or your mains pressure if it's high enough.

http://www.mrmister.com.au/mr%20mister%20applications.htm

could try these kits on short timers.

Im going to put these in my greenhouse/fungi grow area and see how it goes

You can do it a lot cheaper than those blokes want if you source the pump and the nozzles seperatly. You'd need good filters though.

You would be suprised how much a couple of air stones in a an open bucket of water will do.

Maybe a decent size air pump with maybe a 60 litre drum and a couple of the big tennis ball size air stones?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RESUN-ACO-006-ELECTROMAGNETIC-AIR-PUMP-/350397855575?pt=AU_Pet_Supplies&hash=item519556f757

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tortoise-Aquarium-Pump-Air-Stone-Ceramic-Diffuser-AR30-/190445370212?pt=AU_Pet_Supplies&hash=item2c576dbb64

You would be suprised how much a couple of air stones in a an open bucket of water will do.

Maybe a decent size air pump with maybe a 60 litre drum and a couple of the big tennis ball size air stones?

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item519556f757

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item2c576dbb64

I reckon that'd be the go.You could also increase the surface area for faster evaporation.

Maybe instead of round air stones you could go air-mat style like in fish tanks,the flat type that covers the whole bottom...hmmmm in cherry lugs maybe?

Yeah, i've come across air stones/pumps in my readings,

seems people have them hooked into the smaller

tub sized grow room.

just to get it straight in my head so I know what

I'm after...

the air stones get hooked up to the air pump,

and then placed in a resevoir of water?

whack the whole setup in the grow room

plug in the pump and away it goes?

is the concept that the bigger the air

stones/pump the more humidity will be produced?

Cheers for all the helpful tips!

yeah the pums sit outside the water and air hose lead to the airstones that drop in the water. the more surface area of air bubbles to water the more humidity will be raised. So fine bubbles and lots of em will be the go.t might be best to run the pump on a times because you will e suprised how much it raises the humidity and you will probably have to stop the pump to keep the humidity in check a little.

yeah the pums sit outside the water and air hose lead to the airstones that drop in the water. the more surface area of air bubbles to water the more humidity will be raised. So fine bubbles and lots of em will be the go.t might be best to run the pump on a times because you will e suprised how much it raises the humidity and you will probably have to stop the pump to keep the humidity in check a little.

Awesome! Love the sound of Keeping the humidity in check, I've been struggling with my pins drying out for about a month now! I got some little fogger style misters installed but it was

Making everything a bit too wet. Is the best place to find the gear an aquarium store?

There is a pretty good write up for a humidifier HERE.

Awesome! Is the best place to find the gear an aquarium store?

I find ebay pretty good, is cheap, anonamous and all the same gear youd find at an aquarium but cheaper