The Corroboree
The Deb-One-Amine

Web Hosts

one choice is US vs AU based hosting. AU is more expensive but faster and more responsive.

two good hosts i have and continue to use:

AU - VentraIP - they do a 'deal of the decade' which if you just want a cpanel account is very cheap ($40 / 2 years) - they do other plans too

US - Dreamhost - unlimited space and transfers for $8.95US / month

with either of them or some other if you decide to signup google 'discount code' with the host name or something as theres often discounts to be had. like theres one for ventra that gives you 50% off your first purchase, which if its a big business plan can save you a bit.

one choice is US vs AU based hosting. AU is more expensive but faster and more responsive.

australia is prob better in general if you dont need heaps of bandwidth and storage

Go with an australian owned, small company.

invariably most are buying server space from US server farms anyway.

I have a big preference for web hosts where you can either talk to the owners, or staff.

paying a little more for hosting with a smaller company invariable means better service, and smaller companies are also more willing to change your hosting account around a little if you ask nicely.

also go with hosting that uses cPanel, as it makes like so much easier. hsphere is ok too, but i just think cpanel is the bees knees.

im also happy to recommend a couple via pm if you want.

the only issue is the type of content you may wish to host.

Cheers, Obtuse.

I run a web development company, we have used Dreamhost USA for 4 years now with minimal troubles. Their support service is extremely good also.

If you go with them and want a discount send me a PM and I'll give you a coupon code. Will reduce the first years cost to around $35AUD, after that it is around $140 per year