The Corroboree
Torsten

Nutmeg rocks my world

Originally posted by Fractalhead:

So Tort, do you reckon refined parsley would be a satisfactory substitute? I remember you saying something about vertigo after some refined dill oil. Something about the tetra-subs?

Good memory! Yeah, I am pretty sure it was dillapiol that caused the vertigo problems.

how much are you going to refine the parsley oil? Don't forget the apiol in that!!

Also T, what kind of dose do you think would be a good starting point in terms of dose if we're assuming a 90% w/v myristicin oil?

Impossible to say because I have no idea what the allylbenzene content in my oil was. But lets assume it was a maximum of 10%, and an average dose was 5ml, then 0.5ml of pure might do the trick.

I've got that paper from Sasha where they achieve a mild effect from 400mg myristicin but I'm not sure whether they knew about your exercise theory in those days

Before I came up with the muscle activity concept people were having very unreliable effects from either nutmeg or sassafras oil. In fact, the sedative action of the other components of nutmeg oil would probably prevent any great exercise efforts if you didn't know about it.

see email for details.

[ 26. August 2005, 16:15: Message edited by: Torsten ]

quote:

No seriously, if i get some refined oils together, would anyone be interested in being involved in a big community science experiment? I'm thinking if people each pay a certain amount of money to take part and then I send out a sample of refined nutmeg oil (with all the nasty lighter boiling crap like pinene etc removed). To encourage everyone to send back a urine sample, I could send back some extra treats when I receive the urine sample (no rude practical jokes please [Wink] . Some of the money will go towards buying the disposable solid phase liquid extractors that will concentrate all the basic metabolites prior to analysis.

If we all work together we could really nail this metabolic nutmeg madness once and for all

just read this post

i am up for it if you still need peeps

:)

Yeah tort re apiol - that's what i was thinking. Theres also the tetramethoxy allylbenzene in there two. While we're on the topic of oils... does anyone have any putative myristicin containing Zieria sub species samples they want checked do they? I'll swap you a free analysis for the GPS coords

As you pointed out Tort it would be good to get some w/v breakdowns. As much as it would be nice to have standards to make standard curves on the GC/MS, I think a more readily attainable way would be to set up my GC/FID More soon...

hi i need some answers about Nutmeg essential oil.

i've bought pure essential oil of Myristica fragrans (MEADOWS - from England).

produced by steam distillation of the dried seed of nutmeg.

so how can i ingest this oil and how many drops for beginner?

how much time will past till i get the effets?

i heard that it can be work with few drops with honey,than should drink some water.

hi i need some answers about Nutmeg essential oil.

so, you actually read this thread and did not find the answers to this question? :unsure:

Hi Torsten

In terms of this discussion, how would you rate the current SAB Myrsticin Oil?

Have a bottle and want to play but not sure where to start..

Cheers

Rex

it's not that great, but it's the best we've found in over 10 years. we are still working on procuring some pure myristicin so we can confirm this once and for all.

funny you just replied to let me know you where allergic to soy and rice, as i jsut finished reading this forum.

so 5 years later i doubt you have done a test on nutmeg and the affect to your body liver stomach etc etc.

1 simple soloution would be to see and iridologiost for your own reference although i plan on consuming nutmeg and seeing one myself,

to see if the crazy cancer, liver damage etc claims are true.

personally i doubt it, i believe it is the food people eat while on nutmeg which is a MAOI

avoiding yeast sugar and many more should help alot in the death department

also are your allergic to brown rice? if you have never tried eating brown rice, hopefully a think pattern has just sparked in your brain and you try it! great healthy food

so 5 years later i doubt you have done a test on nutmeg and the affect to your body liver stomach etc etc.

1 simple soloution would be to see and iridologiost for your own reference although i plan on consuming nutmeg and seeing one myself,

to see if the crazy cancer, liver damage etc claims are true.

One good thing about having had so many tests done is that I know my liver is fine. I have wilsons, but that is genetic and is not a problem in terms of lifestyle or longevity.

personally i doubt it, i believe it is the food people eat while on nutmeg which is a MAOI

avoiding yeast sugar and many more should help alot in the death department

There are some very toxic substances in nutmeg and it would be silly to assume a MAOI would be required for a fatal experience. I do not think that the allylbenzenes are major contributors to the acute toxicity of nutmeg.

also are your allergic to brown rice? if you have never tried eating brown rice, hopefully a think pattern has just sparked in your brain and you try it!

I suggest you read up about allergies. They are immune responses to proteins. As brown rice has the same proteins as white rice [plus maybe even some extra ones], there is no difference in immune reaction between the two. And yes, I have tried it. Sometiems a more refined product is less allergenic because some of the offending proteins are stripped away. Sometimes a less processed food is less allergenic as some processing such as cooking and fermenting can actually break proteins and expose more immune reactive peptides [eg fermented wheat and soy is about 5 times more reactive than plain grain]. Simple removal of bran layers is never going to make a product more allergenic though. But that's way off topic for this thread.

sorry to head off topic in the thread i didn't think you would reply to the brown rice idea so i thought....... wrong lol.

peace.

off-topic: I'd try to stay away from grains altogether. If its immune system response then surely it has something to do with the digestion and food, we weren't made for digesting grains.