The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
empire

As far as I know empire, the seeds they sell are the ones used to make poppy seed muffins with.

yeh i made some muffins with them once...had a nice nights sleep too...

"As far as I know empire, the seeds they sell are the ones used to make poppy seed muffins with."

You mean "Turkish Commercial Muffins" :P

Sorry dude it was your first post and most members will answer with UTFSE, or note spelling and assume your age and therefore your agenda and risk to the community....but you may be on the right track.

Ohh and welcome to SAB :)

Maca, I don't want this place destroyed by

a) Morons who don't have the common courtesy to at least use proper grammar or spelling.

B) Some government officials who busted said morons, found out where they got the seeds and decide to make a personal vendetta of it.

I understand it's his first post, and the first ethneogen he mentioned was of questionable motives, but a bit of discretion and courtesy would be nice.

After all, I just grew into my user name.

Neither do I which is why I added a little humour-most first posters end up feeling offended by being called morons and having their grammar attacked :rolleyes:

The seeds available are labelled "Turkish Commercial" on the SAB site so I've added nothing new.

Maybe you misinterpreted my "discretion"

Yeah...sorry. I just read my above post. I was a dick.

Apologies all for the bad vibe.

"Yeah...sorry. I just read my above post. I was a dick."

We all was LOL

empire try the search engine either here or google and you'll find your answer.

Or just buy them from SAB anyway...lovely flowers :)

[ 14. February 2005, 19:19: Message edited by: Maca ]

yes they are "opium" poppies... all papaver somniferum seeds are. These ones are for cooking as are all the other somniferum seeds you can get in oz because its illegal to grow them. There are a number of other species that have very nice flowers also which alot of members around here have.

and to answer your question... i presume poppie seed opium content is nil or else they wouldnt be allowed to sell them in the super market

:)

You presume incorrectly smogs!

Didn't you see that Mythbusters where they ate poppy seed products, and for 16 hours after consumption they consistently tested positive for opiates?

While the content is negligible, it isn't nil :)

smogs-- i was trying to find a news article from a few months ago, headline was something like

"NZ retailers forced to take bulk packs ov poppy seeds off the shelves"

--that was in the news, but i can tell you that the same thing happened here about a year ago w/no story.

coles used to sell kilo bags ov some indian brand ov poppy seed, not any more.

have a look at some ov the search results HERE

to get an idea why.

[ 16. February 2005, 04:47: Message edited by: nabraxas ]

at dandenong market for instance they sell 1/2 kilo or kilo bags of poppy seeds, the good kind;)

i love mythbusters... cant get sbs very well here which pisses me off to no end. I presumed the false positive result were from other compounds. I dont understand how not selling 1 kilo bags is any different from have a whole stack of 1/2 kilo bags. I love poppie seeds they taste great, maybe i should make a ornage and poppie seed cake thats 50% poppie seeds... what would be the minimum amount required to get any effect u reckon?

Varies wildly, at least a couple of hundred grams.

The positive reactions would have been from morphine, as the most abundant alkaloid.

I noticed a thread on benzodiazepine content of potatoes etc... wonder if that could be picked up too?

[ 18. February 2005, 12:38: Message edited by: Tryptameanie ]