The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Tripping? How strange...

I just heard an account of a friend of my gnomes next door neighbour, I'll relate to you, I'm curious what anyone else has to say.

This friend of my gnomes next door neighbour has been a partaker of the fine herb for about 5 years now. Apart from a few codeine tabs, it wass the only illcit substance he'd ever done.

Recently, he dropped acid for the first time. It was a dilbert, nice clean mellow trip, only mild visuals, but left him feeling very nice at the end of it. No elements of the classic "bad trip" were come across during the trip, and no residual effects after.

Last weekend, this friend of my gnomes next door neighbour decided to smoke some herb as he usually did. Shortly after, he hit the sack. He was still quite high, and within minutes of lights out, he was having intense "closed eye" visuals.

For example, he'd see a di-cotyldonous type seedling sprout from the blackness, the seedling would grow into a full sized plant, then begin changing colours, from green to yellow, to orange, to red. Then the visual would zoom out, and it'd look like a pattern (kind of like an inverted cog, if that makes any sense) consisting of these plants that would constantly change colour.

The visuals were often followed quickly by revelation about his life, about how he'd been acting badly to certain people, or epiphanies on various things. If the visual wasn't followed by a revelation, it would lead to another visual that would eventually lead to something important.

My gnome stresses that his neighbours friend said these were completely involuntary, he wasn't concentrating on making them come or go, but he had some control over them once they were there.

So this weekend, this friend of my gnomes neighbour decided to partake in his usual herb, and the same thing occured.

Intense closed eye visuals, always with a botanical twist (e.g. tulips or cannabis plants, branches of trees, etc) that became literally like a "trip" through a garden that was punctuated only by revelations and eye opening thoughts.

Last night (being Sunday) this friend hit only the tiniest cone, I'm told, only half of the conesize he usually hits. After a weekend of heavy smoking, this only gave him a threshhold "high", nothing interesting to read, he decided to sleep.

Almost immediately, the same revelationary trip began. Plants growing out of the darkness behind his eyes, each plant yielding an image of an old friend, or some other similar thing after it faded.

These "trips" aren't giving him trouble sleeping, or botherhing him psychologically speaking, if anything they provide him with some insight to things he has done wrong or could have done better, and always fade into natural sleep.

Is anyone else experiencing such a thing? My gnome informs me that his neighbours friend doesn't recall any such thing happening before he took LSD, so is it possible that the LSD is the cause of these trips?

Any information appreciated.

[ 14. February 2005, 12:06: Message edited by: apothecary ]

Sounds like your gnomes friends nextdoor neighbour already has an interest in plants and he's opened the channels of insight with Cid.Maybe now his doors have been cleansed the pot is distracting his concentration just enough to de-focus intent.

Lately I've been "seeing" artefacts and symbols after going to bed even with no psychoactives in my system.I begun to gaze relaxedly at my third eye in bed and found that when I stop "looking" a blackness flows down like a second set of eyelids and then gold-flaked images start to appear.Kinda like those computer generated 3-D pictures.

Maca, my gnomes neighbours friend said this when I mentioned what you said.

Cannabis made me respect unsual plants. Unusual plants made me respect all plants.

Can you elaborate on the last bit of your first paragraph? What do you mean by de-focusing of intent?

Most people go to sleep not long after they lay down with the intent to sleep, but to purposefully remove intention there is already an intent, so it's hard to explain let alone work out but I've been playing with this for a few months now with interesting results.I find that I'm not 'thinking' after a while yet I'm in a space that requires attention.Kinda like a trance-state I guess???

A quote from Bruce's JKD says something similar.

"Concentration is a form of exclusion, there is a thinker who excludes.It is the thinker, the excluder, the one who concentrates, who creates contradiction because he forms a center from which there is a distraction."

...or something :D

sounds like hypnosis... very different brain wave pattern to sleep, being awake and dreams but simular to that. i find it pretty easy to hypnotise myself when in bed probably doing the same thing...

heres something for you all to try :)

when your in bed just chilling and relaxing just lay back and imagine yourself then gradually add things to the black darkness... a scene thats pleasant to be in like a forest or the beach

and try to incorporate allt he sense... touch taste sight and smell

then imagine yourself at the top of a stair case and with each step you take down you get more relaxed and into a deeper trance until you reach the bottom by which stage your in a complete trance like state

if its only sorta working try and repeat that

then let your mind wander around... its really weird

i was always skeptical of hypnosis, but i have a degree in psychology and i have been taught of its merits so i bought a book and hypnotised myself, havn't got around to doing anyone else yet

give it a go... it makes for a really nice relaxing sleep

one time i practically paralised myself the likes of which when u take a big dose of a very strong sedative... heh heh