The Corroboree
bℓσωηG

Australian surfer dies after shark attack

I bought myself a 4.9m^2 traction kite at the end of last summer and have been considering donning the wetsuit and taking to the surf with it. I have tried it before with a smaller kite and it is like body surfing but with controls. My main concern is looking like live-bait for sharks.

The summer sea breeze is perfect in Perth for kiting.

video care of Yowie :)

I bought myself a 4.9m^2 traction kite at the end of last summer and have been considering donning the wetsuit and taking to the surf with it. I have tried it before with a smaller kite and it is like body surfing but with controls. My main concern is looking like live-bait for sharks.

The summer sea breeze is perfect in Perth for kiting.

video care of Yowie :)

Just try not to wriggle around too much.

I've done a lot of ocean diving and it's surprising how many sharks you see. Most of them aren't very big, but a 4 foot shark can take a lot bigger chunk out of you than a 4 foot dog.

In reality though most of them are harmless but you never know when your going to come across a big one that needs a meal.

There's something that just seems wrong about sitting on a plank and dangling your legs in the water too, sharks like to nibble on dangly bits to see how tasty they are.

Edited by Magicdirt

Another fatal shark attack today in port geographe bay! a man diving died. Fark! I have been spearfishing last week in the bay and felt real sharky maybe i was being watched! How many attacks has there been in Wa lately? Im outa here ..

Rest in peace diver dude.