The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Amazonian

Sleep Apnea

ZZZzzzzzz, Sleeping soundly when all of a sudden i woke up and sat up in bed. I couldn't work out what was going on and then realized that i wasn't breathing. I tried to take a breath but it was like i had forgotten how to. I managed to get a breath and begin breathing normally . I was shaken up. It freaked me out. It all only lasted a few seconds but scared the shit out of me.( For a brief part of those seconds , i felt like i was tripp'n). I looked at the time and it was bang on 12.00 midnight ,do doo do doo ( Twilight Zone theme song).( I don't think that the time is relevant ,just wanted to add all details). So, i put it down to Sleep Apnea which i have never experienced before. It's not pleasant. I can now really feel for those that regularly stop breathing whilst sleeping. I don't recommend it .

yeah screw that im having trouble sleeping lately it feels like when im asleep my brain is still half running i wake feeling similar to what you've described..God Damn Sleep Its So Darned Strange all I Want Is a Peaceful nights sleep but since i started taking lsd last year its been impossible.. Btw The time This Happens Is normally aroud 3 to 3.30 am

Edited by The Deb-One-Amine

i am also a sufferer of the 2:30 - 3:30 daily ritual wakeup things, some huge energy changes must be taken place at that time, its my morning session ritual.

My husband probably had a pillow over my head. Na, What i experienced was like some other realm of consciousness. Weird.

Ive been doing a bit of research lately regarding pharmacological interventions into sleep apnea.

1) One study combined an SSRI (fluoxetine - although I would have used escitalopram) with ondansetron, a 5HT3 antagonist. Sleep apnea was eliminated in around 70% of all sufferers, if I remember rightly.

2) Anecdotal reports suggest pilocarpine (admittedly aministered as eyedrops) ceased sleep apnea too. There is a modern herbal formula which might be cashing in on this choline connection, by peddling lobelia tablets as a herbal sleep apnea cure.

I thought sleep apnea was brought on by snoring ?Or adenoid problems. (but of course i don't snoreblush.gif )( i like to think i don't) I have a bit of a cold at the moment and have been coughing a lot.so i put it down to being related to that(phlegm deposits blocking the airway)(or Voodoo). I only know ,i hope i never experience it again.

Edited by Amazonian

You were probably just out of your body and were awaken sharply, hence chucked your astral form back into your body violently, hense causing you to have a minitue of parallelize?? Very Scary stuff, but extremely common.

Edited by vual

You were probably just out of your body and were awaken sharply, hence chucked your astral form back into your body violently, hense causing you to have a minitue of parallelize?? Very Scary stuff, but extremely common.

I wouldnt mind that so much if i had a warning. You know, like building up to a trip rather that being just thrown in there. (some like that way though)