The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
punkin

Edible Cultures Available In Australia

Is there a list or topic here where all the cultures available round here (and who's got what) is perusable.

Just thinking if there's a way if we're after a particular strain that we could maybe look up someone to trade it with?

Is is it all happenstance? :)

I'm back to about page twenty something in the Mycology section but failing to find anything.

May be looking in the wrong place?

Edited by punkin

Is there a list or topic here where all the cultures available round here (and who's got what) is perusable.

Just thinking if there's a way if we're after a particular strain that we could maybe look up someone to trade it with?

Is is it all happenstance? :)

I'm back to about page twenty something in the Mycology section but failing to find anything.

May be looking in the wrong place?

nur theres not dude, Just the free spore trading thread i think, also check peoples Blogs, and Trade Lists... Why not start a thread were people can post what spore prints they have for sale/trade, great idea.

just gotta keep your eyes open for when people offer plates.

"seed and plant exchange" is usually where it happens, or someone just offers something from their collection.

i've gotta go through my collection and re-do some plates.

probably time i should share some love ey.

cheers, Obtuse.

nur theres not dude, Just the free spore trading thread i think, also check peoples Blogs, and Trade Lists... Why not start a thread were people can post what spore prints they have for sale/trade, great idea.

Yes, gone through the blogs, just gotta find the trade lists.

I guess we can call this the thread where people list what they have :wink:

I'll start by pointing to my trade list in my sig. Updated as it grows, and updating shortly (so to speak :lol: )

Happy to trade and swap with others in Australia, uncomfortable about trading cultures outside the country though. :huh:

You can get innoculated dowl for shiitakes in Australia - there is a uni currently evaluating it for aussie woods. Google it.

Thanks Zen. I'm not much of a googler, although i found a mob selling them on another auzzie forum in a post back in 08, and another mob peddling them imported direct from the states.

I'd sooner make my own if i pick up a good strain (the 75 sounds like the one i'm looking for if it's here yet :innocent_n: ) although my last go at dowels didn't amount to anything with Kings.

Just some dowels i found in my shed, maybe they're resiny pine, or maybe i should have something else in there to take up the voids. Maybe i shoulda soaked em longer?

Might try tipping some grain spawn in with em next time i have the glove box out, they were done with straight LC.

Ceres in melbourne sell shiitake birch dowel, member omsource can be contacted for them. Can't remember if he joined up here as well (vaguely think he did??), if not you can get in touch with him over at AE.

Vague googling a few weeks back had a supplier in the otways as well.

This is the kinda thing you want

whack it in a press & you should be able to punch out a few hundred an hour even with designated beer breaks.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DISSTON-PLUG-CUTTER-NO-6-WOOD-DRILLBIT-DRILL-DOWEL-NEW-/250679192731?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item3a5da4ec9b

Quite often you cant tell if commercial dowels have been treated with anything or even tell exactly what timber they were cut from without running them though a lab.

I've got a bunch of oysters...Pleurotus djamor, pulmonarius, sajo-cajor, cystidiosus, tuber-regium, nebrodensis, columbinus, ferulae, eryngii...and some Hypsyzigus sp.

Also got some Ganodermas, a few Lentinulas, Hypholomas, Coprinus comatus, Hericiums.

And one I'm excited about, Cordyceps militaris.

I've got about 5 plates of each, ready to make some new plates.

I can trade/give anyone a Slice of Inkcaps.....

Eatable, just dont drink alcohol with in 48hrs of eating them (that includes ethanol in medications....).

I can vouch for Worowa's Energyii. It's a damn beauty, and sent to me as a starter when i was just a poor wanabe.

Thank you mate, i've grown kilo's of em since that start :worship: :worship: :worship::innocent_n::wub:

If there's anything i've got you want, just let me know.

I'm practising growing plates out now, my first possible success with agar B)

Perhaps punkin you should get a continuous trading thread started?

Edited by shortly

I can vouch for Worowa's Energyii. It's a damn beauty, and sent to me as a starter when i was just a poor wanabe.

Thank you mate, i've grown kilo's of em since that start :worship: :worship: :worship::innocent_n::wub:

If there's anything i've got you want, just let me know.

I'm practising growing plates out now, my first possible success with agar B)

No worries. Kings are still my favourite-easy, tasty, generous.

Plates are easy, well worth the effort.

Did you want an elm oyster culture? I'ld be happy to do a similar trade as last time!

No worries. Kings are still my favourite-easy, tasty, generous.

Plates are easy, well worth the effort.

Did you want an elm oyster culture? I'ld be happy to do a similar trade as last time!

I just got an Elm from shortly yesterday :worship:

Can't remember exactly what i sent you last time, but i'm thinking it was brown??

I'll be doing a King Oyster giveaway for a few plates when i get my agar skills up to scratch, to share the generosity you showed me :innocent_n:

Kinda hoping this is or will be a continuos kinda trade thread, just not the freebie type one, Shortly. :blush:

• Like 1

That wasn't elm oyster they were pleurotus nebrodensis and pleurotus citrinopileatus

sorry probably my crappy marker pen

That wasn't elm oyster they were pleurotus nebrodensis and pleurotus citrinopileatus

sorry probably my crappy marker pen

Ahh, not your marker, my crappy search skills. Was sure that i got Elm when i searched the latin from your list. This time i got Whit King :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Either way i'm happy. :worship:

So yes, i would be interested in the Elm's Worona B)

Happy to send you a culture you haven't got as the freight's cheaper, or any myc supplies, but i'm certainly not out of brown. :wink:

• Like 1

I did some plates of King Oysters (Pleorotus Eryngii) and have a couple spare, also have one of Blue Oysters (P. Columbinus) that i don't need, so if there's anyone out there who needs a start and has nothing yummy to grow, they're your's for the asking.

I only have a few, so pm and i might have something.

I tend to favour those who have done the nessercary homework and preperation rather than spoonfeed me types :wink::lol:

• Like 1

I did some plates of King Oysters (Pleorotus Eryngii) and have a couple spare, also have one of Blue Oysters (P. Columbinus) that i don't need, so if there's anyone out there who needs a start and has nothing yummy to grow, they're your's for the asking.

I only have a few, so pm and i might have something.

I tend to favour those who have done the nessercary homework and preperation rather than spoonfeed me types :wink::lol:

Pm sent

I have a couple a extra plates of pleurotus nebrodensis to help kick this along

all gone for now sorry

Could be a few other oyster sp as well depending on how things pan out, stay tuned

Edited by shortly
  • Like 1

Pm sent

Maybe we need a gourmet/medicinal trading thread ?

I just got my Oysters from Punkin !

Thanks heaps mate !

Edited by Magicdirt

I just got my Oysters from Punkin !

Thanks heaps mate !

You are very welcome, i just hope they prove as wonderful to you as the original gift has for me :worship:

Got your cultures yesterday Worowa. Thanks again legend :worship:

Hey Punkin

The plates appeared yesterday, they all appear to be cookin nicely Thanks again. :worship:

I have a some maitake & some other bitz n pieces that i havta get plated up inbetween fish botherin over the next coupla days. If your interested just sing out & i'll put some aside for you.

My stropharia hasnt appeared yet but when it does i’ll run up an extra for ya

Hey Punkin

The plates appeared yesterday, they all appear to be cookin nicely Thanks again. :worship:

I have a some maitake & some other bitz n pieces that i havta get plated up inbetween fish botherin over the next coupla days. If your interested just sing out & i'll put some aside for you.

My stropharia hasnt appeared yet but when it does i’ll run up an extra for ya

Seems to me we're both getting the stroph from the same source?

If so, not much point swapping....

Definetly try the maitake.

Doing ten jars and 5 bags of grain atm in the kegbomb, got half a dozen new species to grow out.

I love this place :innocent_n: