The Corroboree
planthelper

anadenanthera colubrina seeds give away

Recieved, Thanks :)

Best to plant them straight away or wait a couple weeks/month for it to warm up a little?, how long a viability?, keep well in the fridge?

Recieved, Thanks :)

Best to plant them straight away or wait a couple weeks/month for it to warm up a little?, how long a viability?, keep well in the fridge?

yes, wait till it get's warm or use bottomheat, those seeds form a visible root emerging just hours after sowing them out!

viabilety if stored in the fridge, would be a total guess for me, but i think they store well for years.

but because they are so very fresh, i would store them a while before sowing them out. i believe those seeds, like for example loph seeds aswell, will fail to germinate, if planted out straight out of a fresh seedpod.

there are some good topics around germinating those seeds on this site...

hey, just a question, did any of the seeds get damaged, or was the "flatpack" good enough for protection?

flatpack or stealth means non padded normal small envelope, seeds in small sach baggies, cushened on both sides with the thin (maybe halve a milimetre) white (soft/cushend) wrapping material, pc's and other gagedts get sold in.

btw, sending out those seeds made me quite happy! :)

have found similar seeds developed black patches and seemed less viable when stored fresh in ziplock bags.

so i usually give them a few weeks in a paper bag first,to dry out a little......

t s t .

good point, tst, those seeds were stored in a matchbox for a few weeks, befor sending,

anyway matchboxes and paperbags and everything alowing air circulation is the way to go.

Well, they managed to travel 8,000 miles undamaged for me :D

uh :unsure:

I just read that last link ^ soaking them for 24 hrs and then burying them under 1 cm of damp sand sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Theres some info Here

hey, just a question, did any of the seeds get damaged, or was the "flatpack" good enough for protection?

flatpack or stealth means non padded normal small envelope, seeds in small sach baggies, cushened on both sides with the thin (maybe halve a milimetre) white (soft/cushend) wrapping material, pc's and other gagedts get sold in.

btw, sending out those seeds made me quite happy! :)

Mine arrived fine.

i see gom is auctioning off a batch at ae.

they are still in the pods.pods are quite useful .small amts can provide quite effective pain relief or a bit of mild laid back relaxation.....

t s t .

I havent heard of that effect from low dose bufotenine/5-MeODMT or microdose DMT.. do you figure the pain killer & relaxant effect has its origins in the tryptamines or something else? The plant is noted to have some odd ß-carbolines, I wonder if pod extracts that would eliminate the ß-carbolines from the mix would retain pain killer effect.

have no idea really.just read it on an os ethno forum and have found it to be true.

have assumed the amts of betacarbolines was too low to be significant,but there are some flavones in the plant too.

smoked or brewed dosing starts at about one seed segment.

saw a possum on my roof while it was still daylight.turned out it had lost over 50% of its fur,in a fight i assume.

it was eating a sth am acacia plant i assumed for pain relief.

t s t .

Hot damn, these are good seeds. 46 hours on and I already had to transplant 3 seedlings because their roots got too big for the starter pots! :lol:

I planted them without presoak 3/4 buried (eye down), 4 in dry sand which was then moistened, 4 in moist coir (0.4 oz coir expanded with 2 oz boiling water, let cool). Dont plant them too close and if your not planting in individual pots keep close watch.. the things grow like the US military budget!

Hot damn, these are good seeds. 46 hours on and I already had to transplant 3 seedlings because their roots got too big for the starter pots! :lol:

I planted them without presoak 3/4 buried (eye down), 4 in dry sand which was then moistened, 4 in moist coir (0.4 oz coir expanded with 2 oz boiling water, let cool). Dont plant them too close and if your not planting in individual pots keep close watch.. the things grow like the US military budget!

warm hearting news, great to hear auxin, yep they can grow so fast, it's scary at times.

the trick is to keep up the virgorous growth, which is not so easy (as you have to repot often) but with generous ammounts of fert, they grow fast even if keept in pots.

trees kept in semi shade, don't produce many pods compared to specimens kept in the full sun.

i wondered often what type of light condition, member mycots plants are reciving, as they are said to never flower.

Mine are on the march as well :lol:

Sown on Friday at around lunch time in the hot house. Half buried, eye down. Nicely swollen yesterday and by 4pm today one had almost shrugged off its seed coat. Prolly be in full bloom when I check it tomorrow lol.

Thinking I should have buried them a bit more by the sound of it.

You have some fast movers there Auxin :) Must be nice and hot where you are eh B) .

i would recommand to even feed the seedlings right away with some liquid fertilizer.

feeding an emerging seedling with liquid fert has to be done in a safe mannor.

i would make up the strengh of the product, twice as weak, to as weak as the recomanded foliar feeding doses, if it doesn't say foliar application details, use something like 8 times the ammount of water, it say's to use for normal applications.

than when you apply the fert, you use a very small plastic cup or similar, and only use 2ml of that liquid as fert.

most people don't advocate feeding young seedlings, because there are dangers of stuffing up, but a. colubrina is one of those plants which warrants early and constant use of fertilizer.

keeping them overly happy with fert aswell avoids dormacy issues. what i mean is that a starving plant will go earlier in dormacy and might even stay longer in dormacy! dormacy is triggered by cold and dry conditions...

so it might grow very well indoors under light.

Germination: 8/8 :drool2:

Must be nice and hot where you are eh B) .

Yup! 38°C in the day and 26°C at night, just add shade and I'm tempted to become a nudist :wink:

Bread Filter seeds arrived today, Thanx to both yourself and Planthelper.. :)

Hi! Are there any seeds still available? :)

Thanks!

try planting on the side instead of the end.

sometimes a line leading towards a corner can be seen,plant this down.

organic mix with soil from suitable legume added.

casing of a cm or 2 of washed coco peat.less mould from the organic material

insert seed about half way.

soil should be fairly damp .

misting seems a good idea,washes off mould too....?

t s t .