The Corroboree
Jamison Schuetz

Doctors vs. marijuana

In the USA mental patients are treated by their doctors as the doctors being against hallucinogens and marijuana. The doctors say "oh well you can't do hallucinogens as part of your treatment". Our treatment? Well what about equal rights in the USA? All people art created equal is what our constitution is based on. I also got a couple of cracks by a doctor that said "marijuana? well you can't do it, its a hallucinogen". All while they are giving ex-cons medical marijuana in the state of Oregon, where I live. They wouldn't even think twice about giving medical marijuana to a schizophrenic like me. Well I think that there should be medical marijuana for the mentaly ill. As being a schizophrenic like myself to have to hide my botanical collection from the local schizo doctor scene is ridiclous. Well maybe you have some stories like this to share...thanks...and may everyone enjoy marijuana, not just ex-convicts..Thanks!

Jamison Lee Schuetz

[email protected]

a schizophrenic girl came to my house once.

She seemed fine, was chatty & calm..."normal".

Then she had a couple ov marijuana bongs & became completely psychotic.

I said that's probably enough marijuana for you, but she became quite aggressive & demanded more.

We had abit ov a fight & i ended up flushing over a 1/4Oz. ov bud down the toilet.

She stormed out to see if she coulkd find someone else to get a smoke from.

i still know that girl.

At that time she was totally un-medicated.

Now she is, but she still suffers from paranoid delusion.

She doesn't smoke much at all these days, only socially & then she'll just have one cone or one toke.

She says it's a weird sensation for her, she likes the feeling ov being stoned, but it definitely makes her condition worse & it's only in a "safe" setting where she feels confident enough to ignore her delusions that she can enjoy it.

I have seen those in the mental health system become so much worse off when they have cannabis, even once or twice a month.

Ive also had friends show signs of developing mental health issues from smoking the drug regularly, so i can understand the reason for the doctor to not let those who have precipitating factors be placed on a medicinal marijuana program.

Personally i would see that being comparable to prescribing someone with lung cancer from smoking to start inhaling paint thinner to take away the pain.

Actually thats a little over the top..

Im defiantly not telling you that you should not keep trying to get some government funded ganja but just bringing some light on the experiences i have had in case you haven't had similar ones.

Good luck Jamison

Cannabis can also help some schizophrenics, maybe have your doctor look into these type of studies. Doctors can't be expected to know everything, sometimes all they need is a little information.

See these threads:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21367&view=&hl=+schizophrenia%20+cannabis&fromsearch=1

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14545&view=&hl=+cannabis%20+schitzophrenia&fromsearch=1

I think Cannabis and other psychedelics may make some schizophrenics more insane, but I believe it may help some mentally unstable individuals.

thanks for your input teotz. A totally redundant statement. "I think it will be both good and bad depending on the actual specific situation"

:)

...I thought it was funny.

Guest svarg26

i think the raw organic vegan diet is something that people need to look at. in 30 days type 1 and 2 diabetes are cured.

people should seriously start to think about the amount of chemicals they are putting into their bodies everyday.

i am no expert and certainly don't claim to know everything. but, it's worth a look.

i think the raw organic vegan diet is something that people need to look at.

I've looked at it and decided it is just not worth it. Sure I worry about chemicals in my food, but I try to eat healthy and exercise regularly. In the end if I finish up living to 85 years I'll be happy enough with that.

Some mentally unstable people I know are simply lazy. Hate to say it but a good work ethic and positive attitude can take one a long way in the right direction. Equality is an ethical principle, not a fundamental law of physics. Everything in moderation. I personally wouldn't recommend cannabis to someone with bipolar or schizophrenia. I know a couple of people, that were bipolar, who took their own lives and there's a good possibility they'd still be alive today had cannabis not been such an aspect of their lives.

Edited by botanika
  • Like 1

Some mentally unstable people I know are simply lazy. Hate to say it but a good work ethic and positive attitude can take one a long way in the right direction. Equality is an ethical principle, not a fundamental law of physics. Everything in moderation. I personally wouldn't recommend cannabis to someone with bipolar or schizophrenia. I know a couple of people, that were bipolar, who took their own lives and there's a good possibility they'd still be alive today had cannabis not been such an aspect of their lives.

"lazy" sounds like a good way of explaining something you clearly dont understand, this also imbues a feeling of disrespect

equality is a law of physics

so what is your understanding of bipolar,shcizophrenia ???

does blaming the cannabis make it easier to cope with ??

do you know what was causing them to turn to cannabis in the first place??

• Like 2

i think the raw organic vegan diet is something that people need to look at. in 30 days type 1 and 2 diabetes are cured.

I dont know about that brother, type 2 sure, but type 1? Is eating raw vegetables gonna make my isle of langerhans grow back? No

Unfortunately claims like this make people looking at this kind of cure dubious,

what? it cures diabetes AIDS and Cancer, that's a little too good. I'll go back to my coke and fast food cheers

• Like 1

"lazy" sounds like a good way of explaining something you clearly dont understand, this also imbues a feeling of disrespect

equality is a law of physics

so what is your understanding of bipolar,shcizophrenia ???

does blaming the cannabis make it easier to cope with ??

do you know what was causing them to turn to cannabis in the first place??

Lazy is an accurate description of some people that I know (and that you do not) - not a scientific measurement, statistic of schizophrenics in general or feeling of disrespect. It's just an observation of some people I know or unfortunately used to know. The point is I personally wouldn't recommend Cannabis to someone with mental health issues. You may feel differently and I have no problem with that. Let me re-phrase what I was intending to mean regarding the constitution. The constitution of the united states is not a law of physics.

Edited by botanika

pot can be neutral, beneficial, harmful and all of the inbetween, to the user/abuser with neurotic situations, depending on people and, Dude, saying this is not redundant in communities of advertisers of every psychedelic drug use/abuse.

For psychotic situations though, teotz comment was bold enough to underline the fact that cannabis can 'release' a previously non-existent psychosis-related condition and/or make one 'insane'

And yeah, many mentally unstable people are lazy/shirkers, but the boundaries of the real personal responsibility VS the enviromental conditioning and predispositions make this an ethical/philosophical rather than a scientific matter.

peace

Dude, saying this is not redundant in communities of advertisers of every psychedelic drug use/abuse.

For psychotic situations though, teotz comment was bold enough to underline the fact that cannabis can 'release' a previously non-existent psychosis-related condition and/or make one 'insane'

And yeah, many mentally unstable people are lazy/shirkers, but the boundaries of the real personal responsibility VS the enviromental conditioning and predispositions make this an ethical/philosophical rather than a scientific matter.

peace

your contradicting yourself here

so does it make you "insane"?? or is this an ethical/philosophical rather than a scientific matter ??

mutant, the circular self referential-ness that essentially said nothing, made the comment redundant. I suppose me chiming in there, and now again isn't really that important though.

Also I wouldn't say that this community advertises all drug use/abuse, that is a very narrow minded view of a community that by and large "advertises" research, knowledge and responsible use of substances.

as far as delusions go, other people's "craziness" is likely to be determined by how rooted you are in your own delusions. Really I don't think people's reality tunnels can be classified as either right or wrong given that nobody really has an objective position from which to pass such judgments... Apart from their own reality tunnel. Einstein discovered relativity some time ago now...

Totally different reality tunnels can co-exist harmoniously given that others respect each others views. Projecting a classification of 'bad' onto different seems to stem from the fear of such an alien perspective affecting your own. Mental Xenophobia if you will.

As long as these 'delusions' do not adversely affect the person or their community it shouldn't matter what crazy beliefs they have unless you fear your own foundations of reality crumbling too.

Defining unfamiliar reality tunnels as wrong is a safety mechanism for maintaining an official reality, a universality they teach at university, where any deviations from this programming is passed off as wrong and unbelievable.

What!?! That's Crazy! Now go get lobotomised like the rest of us!

The world is crazy, it could be the realisation of this that has people stumbling all over the place with their beliefs and having a tough time integrating anything, ultimately it's all a deck of cards waiting to fall...

The rivers current grows stronger, it's time to let go of the river bank or the waters will tear you apart. Just let go and enjoy the swim.

[edit] also what "adversely affect" means is subjective. What is beneficial/harmful to a person and their community seems to rely on what we've been programmed to view as such. Of course these are the ramblings of a crazy person ;)

All these drug laws are there for us because "bad" drugs adversely affect the user and their community according to the state. - And they're a very good source of revenue, as is keeping people in a state of hypnosis and calling the escapees crazy.

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1