The Corroboree
Bread Filter

Bulk Pots?

Hey guys.

I seem to remember a thread somewhere on here that provided an Aussie source for bulk pots, like the little ones for seedlings. I can seem to find it using the search engine, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

not sure where u are located but check out these guys

www.gardencityplastics.com

Thanks for the reply. I think that is the one I was looking for. Very much appreciated.

I am in Canberra. I tried to be cryptic with my location as this is the Corroboree after all.

Thanks for the reply. I think that is the one I was looking for. Very much appreciated.

I am in Canberra. I tried to be cryptic with my location as this is the Corroboree after all.

this guy ''grandppa ron'' on ebay has very decent pots ideal for cacti.... http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Grand-Pa-Rons-Shed__W0QQ_armrsZ1

i got a quote from GCP a few days ago on a carton(750) 55cm pots for seedlings @ $96.99

i got a quote from GCP a few days ago on a carton(750) 55cm pots for seedlings @ $96.99

One of my mates told me that GCP has a minimum order of 10000 units. Does anyone know anywhere to get some bulk pots for chilli seedings?

Edited by Bread Filter

Thanks for the link Blowng :)

That looks like what I am after. I didn't realise they were called propagation tubes.

Edited by Bread Filter

GCP does not have a 10000 minimum.

I was shocked to see that too:

ORDER QUANTITY

Must be in STANDARD PACK multiples and minimum runs apply to all coloured lines as follows:

All punnets and Tubes/Pots up to 75mm - 10,000

Pots over 75mm and up to 150mm Pots - 3,000

All Trays and Pots over 150mm - 1,000

Edited by Bread Filter

weird, unless things have changed dramatically in the last 12 months.

Ive bought things in quantities of 30, but that was a year or so ago

anyway you seem sorted with the ebay link :)

weird, unless things have changed dramatically in the last 12 months.

Ive bought things in quantities of 30, but that was a year or so ago

anyway you seem sorted with the ebay link :)

I couldn't believe it when my mate came back telling me that as well.

The ebay link is the goods :)

I have bought from garden city plastics before - I had to buy pots by the pack. I was buying 85 mm square pots for cacti so had to buy 600. I got my brother in law to pick them up for me in Sydney. I was thinking about getting some more in the next few weeks. what size are you after breadfilter? maybe we can go halves or something. I want a range of sizes.

I have bought from garden city plastics before - I had to buy pots by the pack. I was buying 85 mm square pots for cacti so had to buy 600. I got my brother in law to pick them up for me in Sydney. I was thinking about getting some more in the next few weeks. what size are you after breadfilter? maybe we can go halves or something. I want a range of sizes.

Thanks heaps for the offer. They're not even for me, one of mates wants them for chili seedlings.

I'll ask him if wants to go in on an order but he seems pretty happy with the newspaper pots he made :)

I'll get back to you.

Edit: he's not keen anymore, thanks anyway WT

Edited by Bread Filter

I was under the impression the orders with minimums on them are for the new coloured or differently shaped pots, i guess its not worth their while doing smaller runs of said pots.

Make friends with your local nursery worker, they should be able to slip in an order for you when they get their big lots, thats how i get mine a lil cheaper, a box (768) of 63mm square pots does not last long at all!

I was under the impression the orders with minimums on them are for the new coloured or differently shaped pots, i guess its not worth their while doing smaller runs of said pots.

Make friends with your local nursery worker, they should be able to slip in an order for you when they get their big lots, thats how i get mine a lil cheaper, a box (768) of 63mm square pots does not last long at all!

Thanks for that, I'll email GCP and see what they say.

in the mean time, I have found the nursery out near Gininderra falls has the cheapest local pots ;)

in the mean time, I have found the nursery out near Gininderra falls has the cheapest local pots ;)

Sweet, thanks mate. That is right near my mates house.

You got me excited when you mentioned the falls. I have to get out and do the 23m cliff again soon, I need some adrenaline.

Sweet, thanks mate. That is right near my mates house.

You got me excited when you mentioned the falls. I have to get out and do the 23m cliff again soon, I need some adrenaline.

You know they had a rock fall and someone almost died. it could have been on the longer 23 meter climb too around to the right hand side of the waterfall! :othey also tried to sue the Gininderra falls owners I think. did/do you climb?

You know they had a rock fall and someone almost died. it could have been on the longer 23 meter climb too around to the right hand side of the waterfall! :othey also tried to sue the Gininderra falls owners I think. did/do you climb?

No I jump. I grew up in the area and spent a lot of time out there.

There was an airlift out there in January for a broken ankle, that is the most recent one I know of. A few people have died out there over the years. One was a guy who tried to jump off the 32m cliff, the one that doesn't have enough water under it.

There are some good spots out there for climbing. If your facing the waterfall from the lagoon, to the immediate right is the 32m cliff. Keep heading around to the right and there is the 23m, the one most people climb. The 11m is in the top pool as well. The 15m and 3m cliffs are in the next pool down accessed by the bum slide.

If you ever want to go out let me know, I am keen to get some air time!

Pretty sure they closed it to the public due to assholes vandalizing and dumping rubbish there. I'm full of good news aren't I!

ps: if your jumping off there your mad! :P

Edited by watertrade

Pretty sure they closed it to the public due to assholes vandalizing and dumping rubbish there. I'm full of good news aren't I!

ps: if your jumping off there your mad! :P

They closed it a long time ago as they couldn't get public liability insurance when insurance prices went through the roof.

You can still get in there as no one owns a river. Technically if you walk through the creek your not breaking any laws, its only when you step on the banks that you can get in trouble. Once your down in there people leave you alone.

In high school one of my mates and his Dad didn't believe us that we were jumping off the cliffs. They came out with us the next weekend and measured all the cliffs with a measured rope. You should have see the looks on their faces when we smoked up before we jumped off!