The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
DanielC

Can someone help me indentify these

Hi Everyone

I went out on my first mushroom hunting trip today up at Macedon, unfortunately I brought along the handbrake and didnt get a chance to collect many. I would much appreciate it if anyone could help me in identifying these mushrooms. I know they're not the best pics, all have signs of bluing except for the last photo, and im currently awaiting the spore prints.

Cheers

post-259-127649702358_thumb.jpg

post-259-127649705513_thumb.jpg

post-259-127649708931_thumb.jpg

post-259-127649711756_thumb.jpg

post-259-12764971506_thumb.jpg

Yeah mate I'm fairly certain they're all P. subaeruginosa except those last ones. Wait on those prints though. Cant say 100% just from those pics.

Photos 2 and 5 don't look like actives to me. Photos 1, 3 and 4 could be but it's to hard to tell from those pictures. But if there clearly staining blue, then there subs.

Edited by jabez

all subs except the last pic, that is throw away material.

Thank you all for your help, I just checked the spore prints and they are all have brown/purple except for the last one. This is good fun, I think ill have to go out for another look next weekend. Oh and for anyone that hasnt been up there, make sure you dont go picking around the memorial cross, we got pulled up by the ranger and given a warning.

. Oh and for anyone that hasnt been up there, make sure you dont go picking around the memorial cross, we got pulled up by the ranger and given a warning.

Thats funny. What excuse did you give the ranger or were you caught red handed? My Friend always carries a camera with them for three reasons 1,to look like a tourist type cruising the bush for pics, 2, you can put things in the camera bag ( my Friend has a large one) ( bag that is) and 3, for actually taking photos of great specimens.

Thats funny. What excuse did you give the ranger or were you caught red handed? My Friend always carries a camera with them for three reasons 1,to look like a tourist type cruising the bush for pics, 2, you can put things in the camera bag ( my Friend has a large one) ( bag that is) and 3, for actually taking photos of great specimens.

Well I actually dragged the wife along on the pretence of doing touristy things, so she was all kitted up with the camera etc. I had only picked up two or three inactives while walking towards the cross when we heard the Ranger yell out from behind us. She just asked us what I had picked up and put in the bag, I told her the truth and she basically just said that she knows many people do it in the area, but that I cant do it in such a public place right infront of her or she will have to fine me. She implied to me I should do it out on one of the trails because its wasnt so obvious and she wouldnt ask to check my bag or something like that if she saw me out there, then she walked off without checking my bag.

Can anyone tell me if all my spore prints should be exactly the same colour? some of the prints I did are quite purple while others are more dark brown

Well I actually dragged the wife along on the pretence of doing touristy things, so she was all kitted up with the camera etc. I had only picked up two or three inactives while walking towards the cross when we heard the Ranger yell out from behind us. She just asked us what I had picked up and put in the bag, I told her the truth and she basically just said that she knows many people do it in the area, but that I cant do it in such a public place right infront of her or she will have to fine me. She implied to me I should do it out on one of the trails because its wasnt so obvious and she wouldnt ask to check my bag or something like that if she saw me out there, then she walked off without checking my bag.

She sounds like a pretty cool Ranger :)