The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Quill

Eileen's a Freak

Thought i'd share this with you

See the random bit of spinage?

Don't know how normal this is but, it's freaky to me.

edit: fuck it I'm shit with HTML, can't get it to work but it's in the gallery if you want to have a look

Edited by Quilliam

looks a bit like a spine from another plant has dislodged in her.. ?

Thanks for that lophty

Apparently this happens all the time with bridgesii, see MSS for more details.

He knows far more about "Eileen" than I.

cheers

ed

* edited for spelling

Edited by reshroomED

I had another close inspection and it's definitely not a dislodged spine _e_. Also it's got it's own areole so . . .

hmmm

Def looks like a spine has been lodged in the flesh, not uncommon at all and the entry wound will scar white. If you pull it out the scar will come off aswell, the "scab" will have grown around the spine inside the cacti and a perfect lil hole will be left which will heal up no worries.

Also not uncommon for a plant to throw out an extra areole or even one large "double" areole but i really dont think what is pictured is an extra areole at all. Can you get a more clearer and closer pics? Not tryin to be a know all, just seen similar hundereds of times and it dont look right for an extra areole.

Grab onto the spine and give it a firm yank, the whole lot should come out, or, just leave it, wont do any harm at all.

Apparently this happens all the time with bridgesii, see MSS for more details.

He knows far more about "Eileen" than I.

If you'd like to know the reasons for Ed's snide remarks, though is all I have ever done is recount my own personal experience growing Eileen, see...

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19815&st=0

~Michael~

(edit for better wording.)

Edited by M S Smith

this ones no freak, e and PD (who didnt come off as a know it all) were right

sigh, normality sucks

I like the Eileen strain but its one of a dozen or so bridgesii I have growing and seems very typical in terms of growth habit and size etc... Nor is it any more attractive to my eye than the other bridgesii.. Nice potent strain though for sure..

Edited by nitrogen

Hey man, all my cacti are pretty. I only have pretty cacti.

I like the Eileen strain but its one of a dozen or so bridgesii I have growing and seems very typical in terms of growth habit and size etc... Nor is it any more attractive to my eye than the other bridgesii.. Nice potent strain though for sure..

I'm curious, what T. bridgesii clones have been found to be less than a "nice potent strain"? Someone once told me Psycho wasn't so hot. Thoughts anyone?

~Michael~

Have heard similar reprorts also, then again i have heard reports to the contrary, same as all other trichos really. Now i think thats enough talk of such things. Thanks :)

it's interesting, funny or whatever that people very knowledgeable in these things seem to forget the simple solid fact that even the same person, similar set, same setting, same dose, same drug might result in a different experience... heck even eating some tomato during can make a difference...

I consider the rumoured different [darker] quality of bridge more interesting topic than this debate/discussion about clone fetishism, but they are both hot tricho-topics IMO.

My eileen has done the exact same thing.

tho it's even more off to the side.... :wacko:

this ones no freak, e and PD (who didnt come off as a know it all) were right

sigh, normality sucks