The Corroboree
Atlas

Ethno's vs mdma

I've heard about some likenesses of some ethno's to mdma,

What are the best ethno's when comparing to mdma.

This is purely theory and curiosity of course.

likeness, is very subjective...

chemically/physicaly, nothing is close :)

spiritually/emotionally, ??

I can't say this for certain due to limited personal experiences with mesc but I've heard other people report low-medium cactus doses to have MDMA qualities.

but I've heard other people report low-medium cactus doses to have MDMA qualities.

I confirm

mescaline molecule does bare some resemblances with the MD complex, no?

Well yes.. But molecule "resemblance" doesn't really mean shit..

sceletium can, if you are lucky and well dosed, feel very, very cosy...

catha edulis can at times, bring up euphoria.

anyway, those two are my closest ethnos comparable with mdma.

the nutmeg thing can produce ecxellent results aswell, but it seems to differ from person to person. one can mix a bit of tribulus terrestris with the nutmeg which will potentiat it, but to my feeling poses aswell some dangers of overdosing.

sometimes in my life, working with camphor wood seemed to produce euphoria and seemingly enormous energy. for the wood to have an effect on me, i would have to breath in the smell and smoke comming of the wood, specialy when you router it.

i'm sure champhor oil rubbed on the skin might do the trick aswell, but i don't know if camphor oil is legal...

in israel they make herbal pills from khat extract that has been compared closely with e.

but normally to get that kind of dose from khat you would have to spend several hours chewing leaves and still be rather far off.

i think that khat is closest you will probably get to a e-like buzz, mescaline also has some very euphoric qualities but i wouldnt compare it to e.

but, a half dose of mescaline (about the equivalent of 6" san pedro) plus coffee and some khat or other amphetamines will make you munt pretty hard. but i find i become very arrogant and cocky when i mix any kind of stimulant with mescaline, even caffeine and especially amphetamines - its worth noting that alcohol makes my aggression even worse so i avoid it like the plague. its also worth noting i dont become at all like this on mescaline or stimulants when taken separately.

when i use this mix i get the same euphoric delirious muntedness of e but without the lovey-fuzzy vibe, i get more of a total-asshole-fuzzy vibe. it may be entirely personal, i only know a few people who have used this mix and they all experience widely varying results between them.

I confirm

mescaline molecule does bare some resemblances with the MD complex, no?

similar skeleton- same family of drugs

just like dmt/psilocin -same skeleton

different effects even though both tryptamines or phenethylamines

too bad, i wish a plant could make you feel like 160mg of mdma(very unique chem)

i too have read mesc to sometimes be likened, however IME the two cannot be compared

for comparison

post-1168-127372346232_thumb.gif

post-1168-127372347906_thumb.gif

post-1168-127372350459_thumb.gif

post-1168-127372353998_thumb.gif

Mid cactus brew or tar seems much closer than mescaline to MDMA. The full spectrum of Alks seem to have more of the MDMA quality.

"in israel they make herbal pills from khat extract that has been compared closely with e."

Hagigat, not herbal at all & were actualy Methcathinone or 4-MMC or analog, so you can see why they would use the herbal/khat extract cover. But yeah 4-MMC is'nt too bad different from MDMA but still quite nice. These have both since been banned in Israel because of hagigat pills.

Nutmeg seems to have promise still have more interest in the 'essential amphetamines'.

Edited by shruman

What I was calling Panaeolus subbalteatus but I now lean towards them actualy being Panaeolina foenisecii is somewhat reminiscent. Distinctively different to cubes or azures in a MDMA sorta way.

Psilocin is close to Dmt, differing in only one oxygen molecule attached to the ring structure.

They are both tryptamines and both occur in nature.

Mescaline and MDMA are very different from each other, compared to the similarity of the above two compounds.

They are quite different from each other on many levels.

Chemically speaking, Mescaline is a phenethylamine while MDMA is an amphetamine.

Pharmacologically they are classified differently, there being large differences in physiological and subjective effects.

Edited by Mycot

I have had a reasonably close experiance from chocamine, it doesnt seen to happen very often but it does happen every now and then. Some of my friends also have had the same experiances..

Im sure it must be in combo with something else that we have had through the day (maybe Taurine in energy drinks)But i think it realy is worth more research.

for comparison

Nice charts thanks

"in israel they make herbal pills from khat extract that has been compared closely with e."

Hagigat, not herbal at all & were actualy Methcathinone or 4-MMC or analog, so you can see why they would use the herbal/khat extract cover. But yeah 4-MMC is'nt too bad different from MDMA but still quite nice. These have both since been banned in Israel because of hagigat pills.

Nutmeg seems to have promise still have more interest in the 'essential amphetamines'.

Some of those sound pretty good!! haha

As for nutmeg does anyone know an exact dosage, for a good time? All i've seen from nutmeg is nightmares :wacko:

I have had a reasonably close experiance from chocamine, it doesnt seen to happen very often but it does happen every now and then. Some of my friends also have had the same experiances..

Im sure it must be in combo with something else that we have had through the day (maybe Taurine in energy drinks)But i think it realy is worth more research.

Nice!! I'll have to experiment with this, i might get buff and euphoric.

So how's the chocomine go anyway? I only have use creatine and a few others. I was going to give choco a go, sounds even better now

I was talking about mace oil, I assume PH is aswell, plenty of stuff here just UTSE.

Some of those sound pretty good!! haha

As for nutmeg does anyone know an exact dosage, for a good time? All i've seen from nutmeg is nightmares :wacko:

Rumour has it that 10g freshly ground whole nutmegs produces quite enjoyable effects in some individuals :shroomer:

I have had a reasonably close experiance from chocamine, it doesnt seen to happen very often but it does happen every now and then.

i was gonna say so. it doesn't compare, but it's comparable lol.

anyway if we could grow mdma we'd probably all take too much of it.

ray thorpe was saying something like you can rub safrole oil into your skin for energising and/or similar effects? i can't comment on that.

I've heard good things about sassafras.

No personal experience though.

wot about some l-dopa and 5htp at the same time. anyone tried that? maybe combined with a hit of xanthines.

safrole, geranamine, ephedrine, xanthines...... just a list of things which i'm guessing cannot ever replicate x

the mdma experience is soooooo much deeper than just the euphoria and pleasurable tactile sensations. if thats all you are looking for sceletium can produce a similar combo of euphoria, energy, tingliness, and wanting to melt into the couch...but mdma is so much more. emotional and psychological healing, like a therapist. in the same vein as psychedelics it can open your eyes to countless new possibilities and help you reorient yourself. ive seen quite a few of these lists trying to find a plant that is close to mdma and afaik there just isnt one. every list is a list of plants that cause euphoria or increased tactile sensation, and thats about it, none of the plants listed, with the exception of mescaline/trichocereus, can even come close to producing the full, rich, and meaningful experiences that mdma provides.

Yeah, the molecules are not as similar as I thought... my bad..

Hey shruman this is gold, mate, especially coming from you

What I was calling Panaeolus subbalteatus but I now lean towards them actualy being Panaeolina foenisecii is somewhat reminiscent. Distinctively different to cubes or azures in a MDMA sorta way.
Mid cactus brew or tar seems much closer than mescaline to MDMA. The full spectrum of Alks seem to have more of the MDMA quality.

thanks for sharing!

This turnt out to be a pretty interested thread.

My friend has had only a single big dose of mdma, ~250mg [doesn't count the shitty pills] and a single mid mescaline exeprience [~20cm standard us bridgesii brew] so far. The empathogenic effect of mdma [albeit a heavy dose] has not been touched by none of the possible drugs and combos experienced. Mdma at that dose was very speedy and did resemble speed, as reported, but the emphathogen quality was just surprisingly amazing.

Khat seems very interesting too, but I don't know anything in first hand...

Rumour has it that 10g freshly ground whole nutmegs produces quite enjoyable effects in some individuals :shroomer:

and mild to uncontrolable shitting and vomiting, seen "lets go to prison"?

:lol: