The Corroboree
Pacha

Uncommon bridgesii clone

Hola amigos, I'd like to share with you some photos of a cactus I stumbled upon, grown and stressed in a nursery located in a desert. It looks like a T.bridgesii to my opinion, although not the common clone we usually see, there are quite a few plants of this type grown there, I will try to obtain a few cuttings. Is any of you guys familiar with this type?

4505608848_d2a6148d61_b.jpg

4504974607_fc62ff272e_b.jpg

4504974969_40a7e875f1_b.jpg

4504975565_20651a569c_b.jpg

Your help is highly appreciated, have a great weekend! :)

Edited by lsdreamz

looks pretty much like common bridgesii to me. nothin nout of the ordinary. they are some diseased lookin specimens!

Nice finds...to my eye they are not your common bridgesii at all...no scooping in between spines on the ribs, rather these have a turned up notched areole and some really long spines...very interesting, I'd love a plant and grow it out with love and see what it looked like in a "soft" conditions instead of the harsh environment they seem to be in.

is there chance of cuts or anything...?

edit....nevermind you are in the middle east...you sure do find some nice unusual plants over there Pacha.

Edited by Chiral

They look very different from most bridgi's I see, like the one above me said the deep knotching is distinct...

Don't worry Chiral I will spare a cutting for you on my next trip to Oz. :P