The Corroboree
Silosighbin

Problem viewing profile

My account only just got verified. I can post topics and everything else fine, however when I go to see my own profile I get the following message: "[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles."

Has this happened to anyone else? Perhaps it is because my account is very new

perhaps try editing and adding things to your profile and check back on the changes after some time..

there wouldn't be anything to view at such an early stage of your account I suspect.

you are not a full member yet, when you are your group will say members2 instead of members. i suspect this would be the reason.

'members' should be able to see their profile same as 'members2'. they just can't edit certain things.

I suspect that this is a proxy problem [like most errors we get here]. did you try to look at your profile before you were approved? did you get the same error then? if so then this error page is probably still stuck in a cache somewhere. you can use super-refresh to try and clear it or just wait a couple of days. if it does however continue please let me know as that shouldn't be.

The same thing happened to me, once I switched to Members2 I could view profiles...

Ok she's working now. Now that I'm a member2 I can view profiles including my own.

:blush: some useless admin I turn out to be ;)

Hello! Just reporting the same thing.

I have been approved. I can view posts, make posts, I can edit my profile information and picture but I cannot see my profile or anyone else's either.

I seem to remember being able to click through on profiles before I even registered though?

I have tried refreshing everything I can think of.

I use Firefox if it matters.

Great site!

Edit: Working fine now thankyou.

Edited by Whispering Leaves