The Corroboree
Chiral

My office...

This my office/studio where I'm currently working..

post-4860-126886728255_thumb.jpg

And this is the new studio where I will be working next week...

post-4860-12688673257_thumb.jpg

I love my job...biggrin.gif

oldoffice.JPG

newoffice.JPG

oldoffice.JPG

newoffice.JPG

good lord chiral,

when i started writing and recording music, it was on a 4 track tascam tape recorder!

getting a decent sound out of that was a task but thats what we used for demo's back in the good old days. Funny, even now with the latest equipment, i still sound like shit! lol

ive got a pair of yamaha nsm10's in very good nic that im not using. anyone want? cash or trade? what are they worth?

nice one man! looks very technicmical! so good to hear u happy! :) much easier to keep the wolves at bay now i bet!

Edited by incognito

nice one man! looks very technicmical! so good to hear u happy! :) much easier to keep the wolves at bay now i bet!

hell yeah it's so nice to earn a wage again..I feel fucking rich as creases now...first big wage and I went and bought my missus a new hybrid camera/camcorder for her birthday, bought a couple a hundreds bucks worth of groceries, bought my daughter some clothes and a Dora DVD, filled the car up with petrol...yes filled it...ohmy.gif shock horror, and am eating Kraft easy mac...none of this home brand guff anymore.

Man I might even go and buy some underwear and new socks...can't keep wearing these old ones as they have no elastic and are holier than swiss cheese....yeaaaap..it's good to get paid after no work for 18months...life is good.

contentment%20and%20the%20single%20life.jpg

thats awesome dude. it does feel good to have a job. we complain about working for the man and stuff like that but i honestly don't know what i would do with my days if i didn't have a job. sure it'd be nice to play guitar and garden all day but i think thats why i enjoy playing guitar and gardening because i get to do it in my time off and thus appreciate it.

plus it's awesome to buy new undies, godamn it's so good i wonder why it takes me years to get around to doing it.

d ddd dd dora.........my 2 year old daughter loves dora the explorer!! learning any spanish chiral? iam! lol

is that a pack ov Wet Wipes in the first picture?

is that how you spend your time between sessions?

well done geezer, kushty looking new studio.

what exactly are u doing chiral?? sound engineer?

Fucking awesome Chiral! That's some P-Ditty shit

You can literally shut the studio down on their asses!Unless of course they get you a pint of Cambodian breastmilk,a set of left handed golfclubs and a sugar cookie. Nice

See Link for explaination

Edited by Hendry

yeaaaap..it's good to get paid after no work for 18months

yeah Chiral, i know exactly how you feel right now. It´s a great feeling to earn money again after having none for some time. I´m just waiting for my first pacheck myself and it should arrive any day. :wub:

is that a pack ov Wet Wipes in the first picture?

is that how you spend your time between sessions?

well done geezer, kushty looking new studio.

Yeah those are the medical quality wipes soaked in ethanol, we use em to clean the faders and mixer arm rest down with after each shift...the same wipes I have at home and are great for wiping all sorts of utensils... :wink:

what exactly are u doing chiral?? sound engineer?

The position is Audio director, there are 3 of us permanent and a couple of others who are freelance, as the place is 24hrs broadcasting live, there are 3 shifts of 8 hours per day..we answer to the overall Director and producers of the slot and take our commands from them...it's all live work constantly to air and requires a hell of a lot of extended concentration, fuck ups are not tolerated and you can be reamed by the director if you do... :slap:

32 channels with something on each fader at any given time, plus grouping and hybrid channels for phone calls coming into the studio...it's fucking hectic and can be stressful at first but I have settled into a nice rhythm now and it's just super kushdy.

Plus free bar, free coffee and tea and choclate, free cereal and milk and biscuits, on saturdays and Sundays they feed us with banquet style lashings of food twice a day, plus deserts and fruit and cookies and ice cream...seriously it's all mum style cooking etc..and fucking way nice.

Actually only work 6 hours a shift but get paid for 8 but there are no breaks..only toilet breaks when you can find 2mins to run off the bathroom.

yeeeeeap...not bad.

just out of interest what kind ov qualifications have you got?

i'm guessing some kind ov sound engineering thingy. i know there are some private places that run those courses, are there also public ones how do the two compare...in terms ov cost & hands on experience.

How many opportunities are there out there?

I'm sure there are a few younguns around here who'd love to get into the industry, i was seriously considering it in London before moving out here.

I bet any info. or tips you could give to the secret ov your success would be appreciated.

cheers.

just out of interest what kind ov qualifications have you got?

i'm guessing some kind ov sound engineering thingy. i know there are some private places that run those courses, are there also public ones how do the two compare...in terms ov cost & hands on experience.

How many opportunities are there out there?

I'm sure there are a few younguns around here who'd love to get into the industry, i was seriously considering it in London before moving out here.

I bet any info. or tips you could give to the secret ov your success would be appreciated.

cheers.

I started out with audio when I was kid, made a crystal radio etc and used to tape the top 40 into my cassette player and took pride in my perfect que's and outs etc..I bought a bunch of midi gear in the UK and learned how to use it through trial and error and sound mags, produced a heap of electronic tracks and had 3 make it onto various compilations and one even made it onto the cover CD of Future Music, then did a couple of short courses at various Uni's and then did an audio engineers diploma in Sydney for a year, graduated with distinctions and the college gave me a teaching role. Then moved out freelancing doing various recording gigs including working for the gov't, live mixing at big Sydney clubs and working as service tech for an AV company. I've built up quite an impressive work history for a crusty old hippy over the years, which has finally given me something back for all the inglorious, hard and shit paid jobs I've had to do.

impressive. good work geezer.

used to tape the top 40 into my cassette player
...those were the days, who knew it was the first step on the path to a life ov piracy & copyright violation? ;)

hey chiral, I recently got a pair of KRK rp8 studio monitors and the 10 inch sub like the ones pictured above for a home dj set up, I've never had a set of monitors before but I am more than impressed by them I suppose my point is seeing them in a kick arse studio like that means I'm not on my robinson crusoe with liking them.

and jeez I miss working backstage as a mech good timesblush.gif

I'm not sure if it's the same area, but do you know Stu from the Excelsior in Surry Hills?