The Corroboree
-YT-

Scientology: The Ex-Files

^^^ HOW can his followers SWALLOW that shit???

FancyPants your being glib..........you might want to consider investing 30 or 40 thousand for LRH Tek courses......to initiate the preliminary stages of thetan removal. :wink:

I don't think they are a dangerous cult, They have a relatively extensive bunker complex in New Mexico it helps keep churchmembers safe and isolated (from there families who don't love them anymore) as well as provide a suitable locale for a Jonestown/Waco type face saving last stand if the pressure of inturbulation proves too much to bear.

Scientology NM Bunker Sat Photos

Bullshit! Is he really? That sucks. I remember on John safrans Music Jamboree he did a small segment on how Dave and the ""rest of the Foo fighters believed Aids is an invented disease and that taking the medication is actually what kills the person. As long as dave doesn't convert anyone he hangs out with I.e Josh Homme (sp), John paul and all the other puppets.cheers

I don't think dave will be converting anyone he hangs out with.

Was shocked to read that the Foo fighters would actually go out of their way to tell people that HIV isn’t dangerous. I could understand someone with it being under the gun and in denial saying so.

I goggled it and found this article from 2000 that mentions their affiliation with Christine Maggiore founder of alive and well. Author of "What If Everything You Thought You Knew About AIDS Was Wrong?

Fri Feb. 25, 2000 1:00 AM PST

Some rock stars want to free Tibet. Others want to save Mumia. The Foo Fighters, on the other hand, want their fans to ignore accepted medical wisdom about AIDS.

The multimillion-album-selling alternative rock outfit has thrown its weight behind Alive and Well, an "alternative AIDS information group" that denies any link between HIV and AIDS. In January, Foo Fighters bassist Nate Mendel helped organize a sold-out concert in Hollywood to benefit the group. Foo fans were treated to a speech by Alive and Well founder Christine Maggiore, who believes AIDS may be caused by HIV-related medications, anal sex, stress, and drug use, and implies that people should not get tested for HIV nor take medications to counter the virus. Free copies of Maggiore's self-published book, "What If Everything You Thought You Knew About AIDS Was Wrong?," in which she declares "there is no proof that HIV causes AIDS," were also passed out to the concert-goers. "

Christine Joy Maggiore (July 25, 1956–December 27, 2008) was an HIV-positive activist who promoted the view that HIV was not the cause of AIDS.[1][2] She was the founder of Alive & Well AIDS Alternatives, an organization which questions the link between HIV and AIDS and encourages HIV-positive pregnant women to avoid anti-HIV medication.[3] Maggiore authored and self-published the book What If Everything You Thought You Knew about AIDS Was Wrong?

Maggiore's promotion of AIDS denialism had long been controversial, particularly since her 3-year-old daughter, Eliza Jane Scovill, died of Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia and untreated AIDS. Consistent with her belief that HIV was harmless, Maggiore had not taken medication to reduce the risk of transmission of HIV to her daughter during pregnancy, and she did not have Eliza Jane tested for HIV during her daughter's lifetime.[4][3] Maggiore hired a veterinary toxicologist (and AIDS denialist) to review the autopsy report. The toxicologist produced a report attributing Eliza Jane's death to an allergic reaction to amoxicillin, rather than AIDS.[4] Maggiore herself died on December 27, 2008 after suffering from several AIDS-related conditions.[5]"

The title of her book is disturbingly appropriate. It's a shame.

It's a shame.

No, what she allowed to happen to her daughter seems criminal, as was the cover up; Maggiore's death seems poetic justice.

Or did you mean it's a shame that some group ov rock stars could be so idiotically shallow?

No, what she allowed to happen to her daughter seems criminal, as was the cover up; Maggiore's death seems poetic justice.Or did you mean it's a shame that some group ov rock stars could be so idiotically shallow?

As long as her choices didn't affect other's I don't have a problem with it.Handle brown snakes,play Russian roulette while smoking crack and howling at the moon for all I care. What happened to her daughter was a damn shame. The Foo Fighters are idiots for helping support this organization and spreading the message but unpopular speech should be protected as in the end it is an individuals choice to lead self determined lives even if these choices kill you.It's a shame that she killed her baby and concealed the truth here website is still up and doesn't even mention that she died. And so it goes.

Other Naive people (Scientologists)

Beck (thats a damn shame mellow gold was the shit)

Juliette Lewis

It's a shame that she killed her baby and concealed the truth

Maybe we just have different definitions ov the word "shame"

the painful feeling arising from the consciousness of something dishonorable, improper, ridiculous, etc., done by oneself or another: She was overcome with shame.

susceptibility to this feeling: to be without shame.

disgrace; ignominy: His actions brought shame upon his parents.

a fact or circumstance bringing disgrace or regret: The bankruptcy of the business was a shame. It was a shame you couldn't come with us.

To me that means something like having an affair w/your mates wife or drunkenly calling your boss to say he's a shit head....killing your baby & concealing the truth seems to me to be a whole different ball game.

Edited by nabraxas

Maybe we just have different definitions ov the word "shame"

To me that means something like having an affair w/your mates wife or drunkenly calling your boss to say he's a shit head....killing your baby & concealing the truth seems to me to be a whole different ball game.

I am used to the figure of speech being applicable to more serious events (including people dying needlessly). I meant it to be interchangeable with the expression " that's fucking horrible"

I didn't intend to come of as making light of the situation.I am originally from the states (Philadelphia)

it's a shame, or it's a crying shame, tends to literally mean it's unfortunate.

Scientology is not going to be anything but a footnote in history as a a cult.

The leaders will nothing but isolationist, [get a nuclear bomb shelter like the mormons, salt caves]]. Get the women and food. might work for 6 months after a atomic attack.

maybe right, i don't think I will be around to find out.

Opal mines might be water proof for a while but no water.

If your looking for a good read on an offshoot of Scientology called the 'process' or 'process church of the final judgement' read a book called 'love, sex, fear, death'. It's written by one of the ex core members, who is also quite an accomplished graphic designer, and the narrative addresses how people can get sucked into the lies and power of such churches. The process gained a satanic reputation in the late 60's as they used to wear black robes with the goat of mendes symbol on them.

Edited by botanika

http://www.monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Incubus

http://www.monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Incubus

Let Scientology explain this with reincarnation .

Go get a cave [train tunnel] and go there you might even survive with the females and food for 6 months.

Like the mormons[not of their religion but prophesy]. I might be paranoid: so only the atomic shelter believers might survive, I won't be 1 of them.

I only just got around to watching Tom cruises rant on Scientology. I thought he was a twat before but now I think he's completely insane. Funny stuff.

Edited by botanika

I only just got around to watching Tom cruises rant on Scientology. I thought he was a twat before but now I think he's completely insane. Funny stuff.

heh i actually watched that yesterday too dunno why :rolleyes: definitely a good laugh