The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
infinite_monkey

hemlock

it is listed as a weed in some areas in melbourne and I hope that someone will source it and make it available soon. I haven't tried growing it from seed, but will soon. Bit worried about the legal implications at the moment, so probably wouldn't sell plants (only seed).

where abouts did you find that info tort.?

could you let us know, so the melb. locations can be known. Seed may be found possibly.

thanks man

[ 26. February 2003, 23:15: Message edited by: gerbil ]

while Richters is a good source for this seed, I have never been able to germinate this species from them.

After searching the net for a while I found a few pics and now have the feeling it might be growing on our property. Will have to wait till it flowers to be sure.

Think I could help you guys out....but its winter right now......does hemlock set seed in spring? or summer or fall?

Stuff grows everywhere around here........ just curious but why the interest in it?

Besides my interest in ethnobotany I am also a euthanasia activist. Ethnobotany provides many options - some better than others - that I would like to at least have available for myself in later years. I do expect the laws to change by the time I might need it, and unlike many I do have the option to travel to countries where it is legal/tolerated, but nonetheless these things have to stay in the public domain. If someone like SAB has problems sourcing this, then imagine how difficult it is for others.