The Corroboree
Distracted

Outdoor cubes in 30C heat! ... kind of

So I was traversing(as one does) through an undisclosed location when I came across a curious see through box!

Astounded that there was a box where there should be no box I woddled over to take a closer look!

"Ah hah!" I exclaimed!

Upon closer detection I noticed it was a small mini mono box that was growing cubensis. Upon further detection I was also able to ascertain that the substrate was contaminated with trich and had been put outside after the outbreak broke out after the first flush but not before a small amount of pins were present.

Ever the keen observer I could tell that the mushrooms had been growing outside in direct/indirect sunlight for 4 days all of which were between 28C and 36C and surviving which is pretty cool ;)

I used my astounding sense of insight to mentally weigh the mushrooms at 65g wet without ever picking them, then left the box alone and went on my merry way.

Just thought you guys might see this as interesting :)

post-7022-126515439408_thumb.jpg

post-7022-126515442349_thumb.jpg

fat lil beasts...strain?

Fat indeed, those are some chunky stems.

What a lucky fellow you are :) ! What are the chances of stumbling upon something like that :wink:

That contam will rectify it's self with so much fresh air getting in there, and they should fruit again I'd say...great way to keep slugs out too...keep the moisture up though as it will dry quickly outside.