The Corroboree
mr b.caapi

Botanical Garden in Bali

Hey guys, Im doing the Bali holiday thing in about 3 weeks and have planned to stop past the "Eka Karya" Ethnobotanical garden, It really looks the goods and im really looking forward to it, Has anyone here been there?

Here is the link if anyone is interested in a peep. >>> Balinese Garden

Edited by Mr B.caapi

Get out of south bali and head to the mountains. Ubud is also culturally rich. The Shadow Puppet shows were alot of fun

i fricken love bali but i would avoid kuta at all costs...but if you want anything, many potential friends there could help you get it for a price lol....as far as beaches go id stay at dreamland or balangan, dreamland is where alot of euro chicks go to get full body massage for 2 dollar ,there is a good body bashing shorebreak there too...you should be able to get hold of some kratom from somewhere there ...love the psuedoephedrine from over the counter pharmacies

The Bali botanic gardens are good, but the Bogor Botanic Gardens are fantastic - means travelling to Java though, so maybe a bit out of your way.

Kuta was OK 15 years ago. Haven't been there recently though. On Bali the area I enjoyed most was the small fishing communities on the north side of Bali near the black sand beaches. If you are lucky you can get a look at how ordinary people really live, something that's hard to do on the island.

But if I had the cash to go to Indo any time soon I'd include travelling through Java again.

General (and hopefully unnecessary) Advice: It's Indonesia, so strenuously avoid doing anything that is illegal in that country.

...love the psuedoephedrine from over the counter pharmacies

Tis good, not so good when you get pinged by customs in Aus with 80 pills in ya pocket though. That was more than 10 years ago in much more innocent times.

Went to bali a few months ago, didn't know about the botanical gardens :(

Dreamland is absolutely stunning. Euro chicks everywhere, absolute glamors. The beach is postcard perfect.i'

Didn't really like the haggling and stuff, people trying to take you for a ride... But overall, they are very friendly people and i didn't see 1 bit of trouble the whole time.

The police with sub-machine guns are a little daunting, cars going in/out of hotels getting checked for bombs (not just a car, EVERY CAR!), walk along the beach to the shopping centre and there's a cop sitting out the front with a machine gun under his arm. Same with some night clubs, walk up the stairs to the front entrance and there's 2 cops one on each side of the door holding machine gun each.

The security arn't allowed guns, they all have a big knife. You can tell the police cause they all got machine guns!! lol.

Yeh, i was there 10 years ago, but i can imagine its changed a fair bit since then. So would Kratom be available in any herbal shops?