The Corroboree
Chiral

redbacks..hundreds of the fuckers.

i have a huge skink colony at my place, I mean literally thousands of them, they are so damn cute and fun to watch, I'm surprised they don't feed on the reddy,

we had an old cupboard in our shed that hadnt been opened in years, when opened we found the mother of all redbacks and at the bottom of her web were drained skinks/drop-tails.

just popped in to say... i so rarely see redbacks in brisbane any more.

do the barking geckos AKA chik-chaks dominate lit areas and light-coloured walls in sydney yet?

if not, they probably will in a few more years. you will have far fewer spider problems when there are fifty chik-chaks in your house trying to satisfy their enormous apetites.

redbakkillssnake.jpg and snakes lol

*blowng yeah, I was going to publish that article... until i read on and realised it was a South African version of the redback and not an australian one. freaky nonetheless!

i know the feeling if you have young children and are afraid for there wellbeing.

the first house after migrating we rented was infected by hundreds of funnel web spiders,

and i used to dig them out and bring them to the reptile park (central coast) for making antivenom.

there the lady told me the story of the last person to die of funnel web spider, which shook me to the core, as the victim was just a kid like my son.

one time after handling funnel web spiders, i got very sick for a while, blue all over my body and could not, get any oxygen in my system, although breathing, doc's said panic attack, but i am not so sure.