The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

Summer fruit picking in NSW, reasonably close to Sydney..

Can anyone recommend any fruit picking that isn't too far out of Sydney, the wife and I have a friend coming from overseas for xmas, they want to visit a fruit farm and do some picking for a day etc. I know there are strawberry farms where you can pick your baskets around Hawksberry, can anyone recommend any others that might be fun, but no too labour intensive or requiring ladders or brute strength, our visitor is female after all.

thanks.

Apple picking in Picton. Might not be the best season for it though.

i know there are a lot of orchards at kulnura, peats ridge & somersby in the hills about an hour north of sydney. would be worth looking into, there are signs on the road up that way saying 'fruit pickers wanted' etc pretty often. not sure exactly which fruits, but there are definitely a lot of stone fruits & citrus. also macadamia's & probably other nuts. you'll have to find out about seasonal picking times for different crops up that way for yourelf :)

i worked on a kiwi fruit farm at somersby a few years back which was pretty cool, they had a big dam full of bass that you could camp next to & fish from & is only about 20mins-half hour from central coast beaches. they looked after us really well & the property was beautiful. if i remember correctly kiwi picking in that area is autumn not summer though. i think around march through to may. i they're still operating & looking for workers i could hook you up but like i said thats autumn not summer.