The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ENtiTY

Youtube vid download

There are a couple of youtube vids I want to archive for reference, really don't want to be wasting bandwidth by having to re-DL everytime I want to refresh my memory. There were/are a stack of sites to facilitate such a function but I can't seem to find any that work anymore. I have also tried a couple of programs with the same result.

I'm a bit frustrated and CBF'd anymore at the moment, what should of been 10 minutes of research has turned into all night, so I thought I'd put up a thread and get some feedback on what other folk are doing regarding the subject. Gotta be something that does the job.

Thanx peeps

http://www.downloadhelper.net/

is an add-on for firefox,excellent tool for archiving :wink:

A menu pops up and gives you all possible formats depending on the site.For youtube you usually get to choose HQ-.MP4,.flv.3gp..pretty cool I reckon.

If there's a series of parts, I select .mp4,then use nero to burn them as a movie(esp. National geo docs and such),bloopers and funny stuff I download as .3gp to put on my phone(just drag and drop onto MS!)

for shitz'ngiggles!

Thanx peeps :)

Both downloadhelper and the firefox addon from mac's link work like a charm.

I do like the choice of format option with downloadhelper, very handy indeed.

keepvid was one of the sites I used to use but doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Could just be my puters setup at the moment maybe.

Thanx again friends. :wub: to you all.