The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Horus

Quarantine.

Ive just had a mailing of Ayahuasca stuff confiscated by Quarantine.They want to treat my Black Cappi and Purple Jurema with 85 degrees celcius for 8 hrs.Can anybody tell me if this is going to totally ruin the "magic".The supplier was not totally sure but suggested that the alkaloids should be safe up to 140C. It will take me a month to get the goods returned ,can anybody inform me in the meantime?

there may be magic loss....there may not be either! I think it often may depend on the specific plants...whatever, the case, your plant materials will still contain active alkaloids.

Julian.

80 deg C is pretty safe. the loss would be negligible... if any.

I reckon yer pretty lucky that they're giving it back to you at all. Customs got a hold of my cappi vine and spore syringe as well as my hbwr seeds and kept the lot saying if I wanted to push the issue I would be charged with something or another. The only thing that got through was my saliva and salv extract as it was still legal when this happened. It was a real bummer :mad:

[ 01. July 2004, 18:49: Message edited by: liquid wolf ]

Thanks for your replies guys,

They dont seem to want to hassle me,they just want $42.50 for the process.Then they will send the stuff on to me.They do strongly suggest I read thier enclosed brochure.I think my days of ordering from Deva in England are over.

Ok,so from all reports I should be right to fly.

Id hate to go thru all that fasting/psyching/brewing/drinking possible purge all for naught!I'll report back the results.I've had thier stock before so I can do a fair comparison.

Cheers!

You'd do better looking closer to home for what you want and spending some time with the ingredents, it's a lot more satisfying too.

colhawk - just be aware that when items arrive in australia they first go through quarantine and THEN through customs. The dmt content has no bearing on any quarantine issues.... they just care about weeds and diseases. Customs on the other hand cares about drugs and protecting the community

I've had an item passed by quarantine (after doing the full weed risk assessment drama) and it was then passed to customs who kept it and charged me with importing an illegal drug. The last bit however was only because it was my third time For the first time you would just get a letter (by registered mail).

I was told that powdered herb needs only visual inspection

whole barks need heat treatmnet or irradiation

if you get a choice get the powder

double check top see if that is still the policy though