The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
KanJe

Greenhouse robbery

maybe something to consider is that it may not necissarily have been one of your friends but maybe was a friend of a friend.

if your friends know about your collection, i reckon a very possible scenario could be that your friends may have big mouths & have told other people that you have a large collection of rare & entheogenic cacti. y'know? it's probably a pretty interesting topic of conversation..."my mate has a greenhouse full of peyote & rare hallucinogenic cactus in his backyard, they're worth $100 each! blah blah blah."

"wow! where does he live? etc etc."

just something to think about, your friends may not be dodgy, just stupidly indiscreet...

maybe something to consider is that it may not necissarily have been one of your friends but maybe was a friend of a friend.

if your friends know about your collection, i reckon a very possible scenario could be that your friends may have big mouths & have told other people that you have a large collection of rare & entheogenic cacti. y'know? it's probably a pretty interesting topic of conversation..."my mate has a greenhouse full of peyote & rare hallucinogenic cactus in his backyard, they're worth $100 each! blah blah blah."

"wow! where does he live? etc etc."

just something to think about, your friends may not be dodgy, just stupidly indiscreet...

That's a good point. I think it's all the more reason why it's pointless to try and work out who it might be. For now all I can do is keep an eye out for my plants.

I'll post some pics soon if you think it will help naja.

I'm starting to think that staying at this house and stressing over security might only breed my paranoia further. If I move then I can start to be more selective with who I show my plant. Does my head in a bit knowing someone is out there waiting to come for the rest of my plants.

Anyway, your ideas have been very helpfull. I'll be sure to update you soon with images of the plants that I plan to fill my void with.

My heart goes out to ya Brutha.

Must hurt but you seem to be dealing with it.

KanJe if your happy with where you live i would stay & make a few changes

First thing just install a wireless home security system & put one or 2 units in the greenhouse & a few well placed stickers letting people know you now have a home security system installed, most thieves will move on to a soft target rather than risk getting caught, beaten up or busted

Just A small medium size dog (save one from the pound dog shelter) as a family pet will also deter most thieving bastards

This way you get the peace of mind that your home & greenhouse are secure, & its probably a hell of a lot cheaper than moving

Wireless AutoDial Home Security Burglar Alarm System supports 6 GUARD ZONES. Each zone supports 5 wired/wireless sensors. Therefore, it supports 20 DIFFERENT KINDS OF SENSORS attached.

When the alarm is activated, it will call 6 of your approved telephone numbers. You can arm/disarm the system via phone remotely. The built-in microphone offers you one additional powerful feature. You can listen to your house and realise what is going on through phone remotely.

The system factory kit (default) includes two wireless zones detectors: wireless PIR Motion Sensor and Magnetic window/door contact. You can add more different kinds of detectors to fulfill your IDEAL HOME ALARM SYSTEM, including PIR, GAS LEAKAGE DETECTORS, SMOKE DETECTORS and MAGNETEC WINDOW/DOOR CONTACT, etc. This Wireless AutoDial Home Security Burglar Alarm System is very easy to install and ideal for DIY.

Edited by mac

sorry to hear this mate.

i would be devastated.

everyone would be a suspect.

hmm i guess when u start up again, keep it incognito, many of us have learned the hardway, your not alone.

chin up.

Thieves are one of the lowest forms of life.

Sorry for your loss.

It's one of my biggest fears.

I'm sure the only thing keeping me from getting ripped, is my big ass, mega-protective dog.

I hope karma catches up with them.

Edited by Peyofox

hmmm i was looking for somewhere to put this...

tumblr_krgxvdXkVK1qztwlro1_500.jpg

hmmm i was looking for somewhere to put this...

tumblr_krgxvdXkVK1qztwlro1_500.jpg

.....Maybe he wasnt swinging it !, it may have been flying towards him and he simply caught it....Now that is dedication !!! Cactus lovers SALUTE !!!!

The dude in front of him must've thrown it backwards. They're training to take on the Harlem Globetrotters, but that cactus was the closest thing any of them had to a basketball, given the circumstances. I give 'em an A for effort.

That's awesome!

It looks like a Cereus but if it's in Africa you would think it would be a Euphorbia. Maybe he imported it for the occasion?

Mate, if I had half a chance I would love to swing a big Euphorbia branch into the culprit's face. :devil:

"Close my eyes and take take a deep breath... violence is not the answer."

Edit: No matter how satisfying as it may be...

Edited by KanJe