The Corroboree
naja naja

Bulk saffron order, Any1 want in?

I can get kashmir, spannish and persian saffron for ~70USD per 25g. Only problem is the postage renders it too expensive at ~75USD. However if We get 3 or more people who want too make an order also, we can split that postage cost up and all get a good deal. Anything under 100USD for 25g and I am happy. Soooo, any1 else in?

Please don't hesitate, these prices and even the saffron trade is very fickal. Doubt this will last for long, best prices I have found in several years. The quality will piss all over ur local stuff and with master foods charging $6 for 0.5g, it's still cheap at $4 a gram and highest quality in the world, not the flavourless crap that masterfoods pass off as saffron.

Peace

Edited by naja naja

Hmm I have been interested to give saffron a try.. Will get back to you..

I use it purely for culinary uses, but anybody interested in laudenum would prolly also benifit from cheap bulk saffron. will last 2 years and still kick arse over masterfood. I don't know how, but sumhow over 30g got used in my kitchen over the last year or so.

Peace

G'day mate.

Yeah, I'll grab some thanks.

Pretty good timing as well, I'm running low and have been meaning to chase some up for a while but keep forgetting.

This is fantastic quality and price, highly recommended.

ed

If there's still room, I'm definitely keen. Was loving earlier experiments with saffron. Came to notice that the cheap was awful and tasted fake or chemically. Ran out so quickly of the goodstuff :(

Will this stuff be up to scratch with the Sargol gear SAB used to sell? That's the only benchmark I really have.

Also, what sort of quantities are you looking for people to buy? I'm interested but wouldn't want too much and that may not be useful to you if you're trying to kick a bulk order above threshold.

O.K. Am unsure If I worded the first post well enough. I want 2 or more other people who all want an ounce of saffron each. I want an ounce. Cost 68.50 USD, postage will be split however many ways there are ounce buyers.

The postage is 75USD. Split 3 ways this would be 25USD each for postage and 68.50USD for the ounce of saffron. So$93.50USD each and u get an ounce of saffron, the more buyers the cheaper the postage gets for each of us. 4 people, 18.75, 5 people = 15USD each, u get it.

But I need other people interested in whole ounces (or they do 10grams lots for 35USD) . If u are willing to take an equal part of the postage, smaller (10g)orders are welcome, but an ounce is really the best value.

NOTE: Is sold as 25g ~ 1ounce 68.50USD or 10g for 35USD

So if we each get an ounce for ~95USD each, I rekon thats still great value.

U have 3 choices in quality:

Persian saffron or sargol saffron. This is top qual stuff, >250

Kashmiri Saffron or Mongra Saffron

Known as kashmiri, mongra or sometimes lacha saffron in culinary circles; kashmiri saffron is the highest quality and most difficult to obtain in the world.

Spanish Saffron

Spanish saffron, sometimes known as La Mancha or Coupe saffron depending on the grade,All of the stigmas in our Spanish saffron are hand picked and cut to ensure that you receive saffron that isn't broken or split into small unmanageable pieces.

Spanish saffron is often used in risottos and paellas, but can also be used to add an exotic flavour to milkshakes and other drinks.

Edited by naja naja

Ok, unsure if I read the first post close enough :P

Thanks man, but I can't really justify laying out that money for rare stamen right now. I just wanted to relive a bit of the sargol buzz.

O.K.

So fancypants and CT confirmed for a whole each.

Alice wants a half, maybe sum1 could go the other half with alice, either that or I will take the other 1/2 oz and sell it here in smaller lots if no1 else wants to go halves with alice.

I'll get the ball rolling sumtime this week.

Peace

Naja

PM me CT, fancypants and alice to let me know which saffron u want. Cost is the same for the 3 diff varieties.

PM me CT, fancypants and alice to let me know which saffron u want. Cost is the same for the 3 diff varieties.

Does anyone have an opinion on which might be most suitable to consume for its inebriating effects? Sargol? I plan to use it mainly for that purpose, and a lesser amount in cooking.

I've tried the saffron Torsten sold (which was good) and a few supermarket ones (rubbish), indian grocery store (not much better), and Sina's saffron at a meet (also good, cheers mate). But I'm really not up to date on the different types etc.

Anyone want to get the other half oz? If so which saffron would you want? I'm open to persuasion people :lol:

Could have sworn that i put a notice of interest in.

I'm obviously too late, don't bother.

ed

Could have sworn that i put a notice of interest in.

I'm obviously too late, don't bother.

ed

Alice wants a half, maybe sum1 could go the other half with alice

Would you be interested in this other half Ed?

not too late at all ed, was just not sure if u meant u were in for a whole ounce or not. I won't be ordering for a few more days, so people still welcome to jump on, so far we got 4.5 ounces being ordered :P I might ask for a bulk discount

peace

people still welcome to jump on, so far we got 4.5 ounces being ordered :P I might ask for a bulk discount

I'm in for an ounce of persian thanks

PMd

Ok I'm in.. Dunno if I wanna go Persian or Kashmir, though.. Would be good if someone could explain the notable differences in both taste and psychoactivity :)

Maybe T could help most with that one. Sargol is awesome, havn't tried kashmir, so don't know. THey rekon it better, can only try. That's prolly wat I'll get, the kashmir

Ok I'm in.. Dunno if I wanna go Persian or Kashmir, though.. Would be good if someone could explain the notable differences in both taste and psychoactivity :)

wanna go for Kashmir and split half with my persian once it comes in??

best of both worlds, I'm keen to try both

Maybe T could help most with that one. Sargol is awesome, havn't tried kashmir, so don't know. THey rekon it better, can only try. That's prolly wat I'll get, the kashmir

Put me down for 1/2 oz sargol please.

I'll wait and see what you think of the Kashmir, and perhaps try that next time, if we make another order next year or something.

Edited by Alice

I just figure if we're going in for a bulk deal, we may as well get the best quality. Would that be the Sargol or the Kashmiri?

if there is a half going i will take that half.

Well, been thinking it over more and more, may as well get a full oz, if others are keen to do half-and-half, so they can compare the top two?

I'm keen for half oz of Sargol, and half oz of Kashmiri. Any of you ouncers keen do this with me?

Having said that, if my now wanting a whole oz screws anyones half oz plan just let me know and I'll happily stick with the half, I don't want anyone to miss out because of me. See how the numbers look when you make the order naja naja :)

Edited by Alice

im not fussed if there isnt a half free dont worry bout me if there is i wil take it