The Corroboree
nabraxas

photos kept secret by the Bush Administration

Almost two weeks ago, the Obama Administration declassified about 1,000 satellite photographs of Arctic ice the Bush Administration had kept under wraps. The photos didn’t make much of a splash until this morning, however, when two English newspapers, the Guardian and the Daily Mail, published this startling specimen:

satellite-images-of-polar-006.jpg

But that’s just the beginning of a series of disturbing images anyone can view at the U.S. Geological Survey’s Global Fiducials Library.

http://gfl.usgs.gov/ArcticSeaIce.shtml

Here’s a six-year change in the Beaufort Sea:

beaufo_640x480.jpg

And evidence of the retreat of the Bering Glacier:

bering_640x480.jpg

The photographs were taken by spy satellites, then requested by scientists as part of a program that allows scientists to request classified photographs of environmentally sensitive areas. At the time, the Bush Administration released the photographs to the scientists but deemed them unsuitable for public release. Earlier this month, the National Academy of Sciences recommended the Obama Administration declassify the photos. The Interior Department released the photos to the public the same day, as reported in a July 16 story by Reuters:

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idU...News&rpc=76

http://trueslant.com/jeffmcmahon/2009/07/2...tic-ice-photos/

Lies! I refuse to believe humans are having any kind of impact on this planet! Lies I tells ya! :BANGHEAD2:

Another thing you might find suss is this anomaly found in the virgo constellation which someone does not want us to see and there are three different astrological telescope programs which have all been altered in different ways to block out what is there.

thanks blowng that's pretty freaky how all three sources cover it with a black square.

lol,it's just a black square in space,whats the problem?

havent you seen 2001;a space odyssey ?

seriously though,hmm,thanx,interesting........

t s t .

Lies! I refuse to believe humans are having any kind of impact on this planet! Lies I tells ya! :BANGHEAD2:

I think I'm with you there Kenny!

We may mess the place up a bit but overall global warming, if that's what is really happening is beyond our influence.

I would love to see what it looked like 300 years ago and then do a comparison. I think the real term should be evolution!

That's my two bobs worth anyway.....

Hutch :wink:

I would love to see what it looked like 300 years ago and then do a comparison. I think the real term should be evolution!

thats very true, for untold thousands of years the earth has been theoretically coming in and out of ice ages, the reason is unknown..one thing for certain if the polar caps were increasing instead of decreasing we would be in more of a panic. its just another pendulum swing of planet earth nothing to worry about.

thats very true, for untold thousands of years the earth has been theoretically coming in and out of ice ages, the reason is unknown..one thing for certain if the polar caps were increasing instead of decreasing we would be in more of a panic. its just another pendulum swing of planet earth nothing to worry about.

No its not

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles

Another thing you might find suss is this anomaly found in the virgo constellation which someone does not want us to see and there are three different astrological telescope programs which have all been altered in different ways to block out what is there.

funny, that's exactly the sort of stuff i've been reaserching lately, the Annanuki and the like... v. interesting cheers