The Corroboree
Chiral

Plant vibes...how do you explain them.

Some of my plants give me a vibe and it's the same vibe no matter what or how many ways or times I look at them...wait, hold on...did I say vibe...what is that...?

How can a plant have a vibe...surely it's just a carbon based life form with no way of speaking to us or portraying anything other than beauty through flower and or leaf colour...or is it...?

I know for a fact that my macrogonus cactus even though a relatively small plant...has an aggressive dark vibe...it has the strongest heavy vibe I've noticed from any of my cactus...other plants in my garden have their own vibe and it's definitely noticeable...what is wild and fruity is when you trip on an organic substance and spend time with them...they come to life don't they...I mean they really start to wave and move and dance big time...when out in the bush I get vibes from really old tall tree's and acacia...the plant or tree doesn't have to be psychoactive either, they can all have different vibes...you just have to be accepting and listen and look carefully...it's defiantly there, no doubt...well for me it is, it's one of the truly unexplainable beautiful things that I love about Botany...I'm sure that with so many plantheads here you can appreciate what I'm saying.

Do you have an explanation for plant vibes or have a story to tell about them...perhaps one has even spoke to you...I know the peach tree next door to me has spoken to me once and asked me not to kill it even though it's full of disease...it explained to me that it is very old and wants to be left alone to die in a dignified manner...I accepted this and never threatened to kill or hurt the tree again.

H.

http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac227/b.../Image001-1.jpg http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac227/bufo86/Image002.jpg

This is a woodrose of some sort in my yard never even noticed it till i was lit it was shooting purple rings at me to get my attention ive heard mixed info on wether plain woodrose is active but this dosnt look like a merrmissia the flowers are white and the seeds are as small as the morning glory seeds same leaf habbit as mermissia (kinda like a 5 pointed canibus leaf always pointing downwards) does any one know if its active. plenty of argeria spp and ipomea around mackay anyways but none have ever tried to catch my attention so agressivly as this little baby was. going to try the seeds anyway or use them in a talisman i felt that this vine was very powerfull neighbours say they have been trying to kill it for years does any one know what kind of woodrose it is? Ive seen some online vendors sell or claim to sell mermissia seeds but ive also seen pics of mimosa pigra as hostillis on sites from america. disinformation worrys me :unsure:

Edited by lofty86

I dont know how you would explain plant vibes but some have seemed friendly some aggressive some even curiouse or shy is this what your talking about? you can notice the geometry in nature while under the influence even see how plants are related to one another a plants habit can capture your attention and place you under its hypnotic spell forcing your attention to follow its twists and turns it pulse its breathing. watching mould grow is a lot of fun in the wet season you watch its aura expand and contract slowly feeding off the moisture in the air i usually notice an almost serpent like paisley pattern emerge from the mould sending out energy to other branches of mould beggining to grow around from the centre like a mandala :worship:

How I explain plant 'vibes' ..... like every process that's almost entirely located in our brain.

The connection we have with plants is obvious, we are residents on the same planet, if we come to appreciate nature and love plants, and cultivate them as children of ours, we come to understand more their needs, to understand when they are happy and when they need some care.

But it really goes one way for me - it's rather me who is sending some messages to the plants and the feeback I get is the fact that I am successful in my cultivation, and plants like the pampering I give them.... Well most, tropanes are a lot different, they do have strong vibe, and in brugmansia it's pretty understandable as brugmansia fragrance is psychoactive.

But apart from that [fragrance and such] I think it's all made in our minds. Loving, believeing, having lived insight or extraordinary experience on them makes them more lively than just plants. Tropanes f.e. seem to draw many people's attention, is it because they are really like that and consciously try to draw us, or is it due to their huge mythology, the vast number of bad trips and accidents that have happened on them, etc ? Are they really evil and alive or do they draw our attention so much because of this history and evil reputation they have?? I would be very interested on what you think on tropanes vibe... If you got an evil macrogonus, I would happily take care of it! Don't have any prejudice. On the contrary.

I can sure communicate better with animals rather than plants. To think that a tree is talking to you, is only an interpretation in the individual head. At least IMO.

Doc

I am learning how to appreciate my plants on a new level,getting a greater sense of their being and aura for want of a better word.

They are living things,so they have a life force and with it a vibe.

This reminds me of something slightly off topic i read in the paper the other day.

Study: Plants Capable of Communication

According to a study carried out by scientists from the University of California and Kyoto University published in the journal Ecology Letters that plants are capable of communicating with each other.

The scientists found that sagebrush plants were able to warn cuttings that were genetically identical of danger and cooperate to thwart grasshoppers. Scientists suspect that the plants might communicate by emitting volatile cues.

"Plants not only respond to reliable cues in their environments, but also produce cues that communicate with other plants and with other organisms, such as pollinators, seed disperses, herbivores and enemies of those herbivores," said Prof. Karban.

If that aint vibes...what is?

^^^ lol...nice...yeah I could see that, there is something going on we are not fully privileged to...it's like some sort of fine dance and to interpret it one must really let go and listen, see and hear the sublties of the plants movements and aroma's...there is definitely some sort of intelligence going on and it's absolutely wonderful to watch and learn about.

H.

Its no different than getting "vibes" off of people really. Its got to do with their appearance being input to your brain, then a feeling or view is put together based on your past-experience/present-judgement (consciously or subconsciously). The object you're gettin vibes off of isnt necessarily sending you anything, you're just processing what you're gettin. Pretty simple explaination, but thats how i see it. Also see Anthropomorphism

Yeah what colhawk said. Companion planting... plants are alive! just like humans they need friends!

Plant dowsing is a favourtie pastime of mine.. I use a small nail on cotton string about 150mm held over a plant or seeds. The really healthy plants will make the pendulum move in a clockwise circle over the top of it (positive... magnetism?). The negative or male plant will make the pendulum swing from side to side. I think this is used by some to select vegetables etc.. If the pendulum doesn't move at all, the plant is neutral or the soil is lifeless, or maybe you need to get in tune with your plants!

Try this on cacti, which have STRONG vibes..

I get mad as fuk spaghetti vibes off mu.