The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Light&Love

Psilocybin-looking shrooms

Question

Anyone know what these are, they are blue, but a light blue. Possibly another type of psilocybin mushroom? Thanks guys.

Peace

7 answers to this question

Look like Russula sp.

Ectomychorrizal (symbionts) species on native trees. What type of forest did you find them in?

Psilocybe mushrooms are not blue, but rather stain blue upon bruising... they usually have a gold/caramel cap, that can dry to almost a sandy colour...

Have a look at some pictures around the forum so you have a better idea of what to look for...

Look like Russula sp.

Ectomychorrizal (symbionts) species on native trees. What type of forest did you find them in?

Psilocybe mushrooms are not blue, but rather stain blue upon bruising... they usually have a gold/caramel cap, that can dry to almost a sandy colour...

Have a look at some pictures around the forum so you have a better idea of what to look for...

I found them in the Georges River Bushland area, among native vegetation. Not that i had any intention to eat them, i was just under the assumption that they may have been psilocybin, not subs, but some form of magic mushroom. Found them when i was walking my dog. Thanks for clearing that up.

Peace

you'll have more chance of getting an accurate id if you include a bit more information when posting a picture. spore colour, bruising, smell, rough location and habitat are all helpful for identifying mushrooms. im going to disagree with mr stay puff and say that they are more likely Cortinarius sp. due to what appears to be rusty brown spores on the stem of the more mature mushroom on the left. Russula sp usually have white or cream coloured spores.

Yeah looks a bit like iodes.

Yep again, not a Russula .. Cortinarius sp. seems a good bet .. beautiful find!