The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mr b.caapi

Icaro DNA Peruvianus

Just wondering what the Ethno value of this strain is? Has anyone had any experiences with it?

its a fat ass chunky peruvianoid and its looks are beautiful....I have heaps of young seedlings and they exhibit some strange growth whilst young like twisting and dropping ribs and the apical meristam acting strange but they are a mightly looking cactus...I expect most are too young in OZ to have been bioassayed yet.

H

edit I'll show pics of my icaro collection when I get back from bushwalking today..... :wink:

reports from overseas have been high yeilding

I dunno, seems alright, from memory they pull about 1% (just checked & 1.6% was the highest I saw with average around 1%) from the commercial material but that is only outer green flesh. Have'nt seen anything about people using home grown whole cactus.

Bit of a looka though.

Edited by shruman

That doesn't say anything about how potent the seedlings will be though - and it's not clear which particular strains the seeds are from no?

A given strain/clone of Peruvianus is not self fertile or is it? So the seeds are hybrids from a mix of T peruvianus plants I would think...

The seedlings are very attractive and fat little things I can say that in any case...

very nice plants, dont know if the seedlings will have the same characteristics as the dried material from Icaro, but if it does its a pretty good one to grow

icaros dried material from a few years back was 1.2 1.4%, where as my local PC was only .5% or LESS