The Corroboree
blip

Urgently need suggestions for fishing spots for tomorrow.

LMAO...c'mon seriously you know very well its a baby snapper also called squire...you can see how pink it is when you expand the picture...those amanita's made you color blind me thinks... :P

whatever :rolleyes:

check out the 5th picture down my friend...

http://www.spooled.com.au/Forums:2:500

it's so hard to find a pic on google but i will get one don't you worry....start packing those cactus Jono... :P

Edited by lsdreamz

Take Jono with you.... errrr I mean Rex hunto with you for ID'ing

you are so wrong Hunab and i cant wait for the rest of the fishos to chime in with their opinions, squire have the fluorescent blue spots and rounded heads.

did it have flouro blue spots dreamz? NO! i didnt think so!!

u couldnt tell a leatherjacket from a parrotfish!! :P

post-4860-1242216913_thumb.jpg

Geeze even i can see the florescent blue spots on the cocky bream, squire, baby snapper....

oh and LMAO dreamz is colour blind so he can't even tell ...no offense buddy I just think that's funny...you know what the nickname for leatherjackets is ..Elvis Fish... :P

squire.jpg

squire.jpg

dumbass

post-3632-1242429061_thumb.jpg

Southern states Salmon season too!!

I caught some migrational Aus salmon down at ellwod on tuesday PPB ,

i managed to make use of some of those big tides earlier in the week!! there were thousands of em feeding on white bait close to the shore, awesome sport man!!!

Hey Baph where did you get yours?? TIDES? BAIT??

EDIT- re lsdreamz second fish, i'm gonna go 70% baby snapper ( pinky) i see a bit of colour on the dorsal fins there.

Edited by Mr G House aka shameless

i'm not trying to sound like a hippy. i've been fishing all my life, i love it, it's just that in a couple of these pics you guys have got some pretty good hauls & you appear to have kept everything you've caught. do you eat them all yourslf or what? give them away to people? i mean you'd need quite a few people to eat all of those while they're still fresh

are they all your pinkys baph?

im a fisherman and all but thats a horrific picture when u enlarge it lol must b z erb'.

edit, and i want dna proof of that bream that dreamz through back before i ever conced my cacti!

Edited by incognito

Edited by lsdreamz

i'm not trying to sound like a hippy. i've been fishing all my life, i love it, it's just that in a couple of these pics you guys have got some pretty good hauls & you appear to have kept everything you've caught. do you eat them all yourslf or what? give them away to people? i mean you'd need quite a few people to eat all of those while they're still fresh

The pics are testimony to the fine angling that can be done in victorian at the moment!! ( also the fine skills of the anglers themselves LOL )

We caught 18 all up, the ones we kept were too badly injured to live on, due to me trying a few different lures out first up.

Easily that amount were released in healthy order,

I found that the tri hooks on some of my casting lures were wasting the fish too much, so we (my dad and myself) swung over to single hook soft plastic lures, as to not hurt them so much,

Managed ( 2 people) to eat 7 fresh and dogs chowed down on that as well but 4 are unbleed and unguted frozen whole, i had bait in mind for them ones.

Thanks for sharing your passion though, i thinks its very important to be careful and not to be wasteful.

Edited by Mr G House aka shameless

The pics are testimony to the fine angling that can be done in victorian at the moment!! ( also the fine skills of the anglers themselves LOL )

We caught 18 all up, the ones we kept were too badly injured to live on, due to me trying a few different lures out first up.

Easily that amount were released in healthy order,

I found that the tri hooks on some of my casting lures were wasting the fish too much, so we (my dad and myself) swung over to single hook soft plastic lures, as to not hurt them so much,

Managed ( 2 people) to eat 7 fresh and dogs chowed down on that as well but 4 are unbleed and unguted frozen whole, i had bait in mind for them ones.

Thanks for sharing your passion though, i thinks its very important to be careful and not to be wasteful.

hmm whats the baglimit on squire snapper???

seems a bit wasteful to me to be using baby snapper as bait.whats ur method of dispatching them GHouse? they seem to have been left to asphyxiate??? is that the word??? now I AM sounding like a hippy, but its somethin ive never been able to do, nor have i ever liked the look of it when fishing with others, ive often got in trouble for killing others fish theyve caught and left to die slowly.? i dont understand the practice and from what ive lead to believe its not great for the 'meat' either.

a quick dispatch then iced is the best way of preparing table fare???

Bag limit for salmon (fish i caught) is 20 per person , we only kept 9 each, i'm well under , peace :)

The fish all got too fully enjoy they last flooding of tryptamines from their pineal glands as the action was to hot, they were left kick'n till i had enough fishing done then dispatched and cleaned, i'm sorry- i paid my homage, it was a fantastic morning, its my local urban fishing spot,i go down every couple of days and catch nothing time after time , always take my rubbish home and pick up some.

Snapper squire( fish baph caught) i'm not to sure about 6 if there under 50cm i think , i know enough to say baph looks like hes well over for one person though!!!

a local here just made the local rag for getting in big trouble for exceeding his kingfish baglimit.

the hull was meant to be chockers with them. got busted big time by the fisherys.

looks like hes going to be doing some time.

sucked in i say.

I empathize with most living things including fish to the point that it has caused severe depression, I don't ever kill anything for no reason. Everything is eaten or put to some kind of use, the scraps go into the bokashi bucket and on the garden.

I can't eat them all but I give them to family & friends and most go to the Italian women around the corner from me who give me fresh pasta in return.

If I caught all those myself it would be against the law but I never said how many people were with me so you've got nothin on me :bootyshake: As long as they're not wasted that's the main thing.

They were not caught this season, haven't had a chance to go fishing much lately and it hasn't been the same since they dredged the bay, three dolphins were found dead from mercury poisoning recently too which concerns me a little.

There was a much larger fish caught that day which is not in the photo, couldn't even fit it in the bucket but the majority were not very big, perfect size for eating. At the time the size limit here was 27cm in case anyone was wondering.. None of those fish were undersize!

Hey Baph where did you get yours?? TIDES? BAIT??

I've PM'd you the location, not willing to post it on the WWW but happy to give it to other members via PM.

Tides don't mean shit in Port Phillip Bay IMO, bait was freshly caught squid & gars, most important factors are the wind and the time of year, this can not be understated. You are wasting your time fishing land based for snapper if their hasn't been a massive storm or at least gale force winds just before you go fishing.. I mean the type that tares the roof off houses! The day those fish were caught I checked the bureau of meteorology's website and they said it was going to be 50 Knot winds with stronger squalls dropping down to 10 - 15 knots.. Perfect! The car was being blown all over the road on the way there and then died down just as we were about to start fishing.

There are two runs of snapper in Port Phillip each year and they can only be caught (in decent numbers) land based for a couple of weeks each season, one is around september (big fish) the other one is March/April (smaller fish but more of them).

Especially on our side of the bay look for Westerly winds, Nth West/Sth West is fine just as long as it ends in 'West'. It may just be superstition but just as the wind changes from easterlies to hard core westerlies (approaching high pressure system) this means that the barrometer is rising rapidly and it is said that the fish's swim bladder decreases in size causing a feeding frenzy.. Dunno the exact reason behind it but I learned long ago never to fish in an easterly wind (with the odd exception).

since they dredged the bay, three dolphins were found dead from mercury poisoning recently too which concerns me a little.

thats horrible, baph do you know if the two are related, i never heard of this, but i dont pay much attention to news, even if they are nto related it is pretty fuckgin scary. that poor water system of victoria i think it is in a shit state of affairs, the rivers and bay.