The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Genesis

The Milky way

I was just walking in my paddock and looked up at the sky. I swear the milky way looks exactly like mycelium and the stars are pins hahah

For some reason everything in the sky looked interconnected. Trippy, lol.

Anyone notice this before?

Gen

no, i hadnt quite looked at it quite like that lol, - well not with the stars as pins anyway.

but stamets in "mycelium running" brings up how the universe seems to have organised itself in a similar fashion as to mycelium.

as has the internet, etc. it seems to be an archetypal thing.

Edited by obtuse

but stamets in "mycelium running" brings up how the universe seems to have organised itself in a similar fashion as to mycelium.

Stamets thinks EVERY thing is some how related to mushrooms in some obscure way, lol. Cool guy :P

Gen

not sure i read it in stamets but probably taken from there, it was a theory about the distribution of dark and normal matter, both dark and normal existing in dense areas which are thoroughly interconnected by thin strings (not to each other, but to other clusters of the same type). that kind of structure means each kind of matter leaves large holes for the other kind. something like that.

don't really see it too much when i look at the sky but then methinks somebody has been doing more than just looking at mycelium.

If one looks up at the sky when tripping at night and its clear you can see little white cotton like lines joining up the stars to see the star signs...the first I noticed this was back in 95 at an Eat Static live party in Wales at Bangor...we went and sat on the hillside after the party and looked up at the beautiful clear sky and we all at once just said WOW...check out the stars...we had this full on conversation about how back in the day people who mapped the star signs must have been using some sort of psychedelic. It really was a revelation and I will never forget that night...the music was fuggin bangin, so was the dots and the friends and the location...magical... :wub:

the really really good times are stamped forever to recall for happiness.

H.

that's quite a generalisation!!

acid may give one a visual sense of stellar time!! i recall patterns in the blackness, like varying degrees of blackness representing the paths that things take. also the kick drum, which seemed to (and possibly did) have these excellent subtle variations and patterns was prompting visions of two immense, dense stones slapping into one another, altho i tend to get caught up in the subtleties of the bass parts when i'm out there, like dark running bass sounding like a giant drill machine burrowing into the earth zuggazugga :wacko:

The Orion star cluster must be the primordial pin mushroom in the milky way before full expansion into the full cap.