The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
coin

Nutritional / weightloss software

Anyone have experience with software that can count calories, store recipes/menus & track weight loss, exercise, etc?

Have looked at a few, and have found they're not so user friendly and they seem pretty clunky. One I used, it seems like you can't even change from pounds to kg's :huh:

Thanks

When it comes down to it, there probably is no substitute for a good dietician.

I'll have a look around and see if I can find anything decent for you.

thanks

: ) i kind of am a dietician of sorts...i need something that some of my clients who are willing & able to get a bit geeky can use at home to help them log their meals & track their results. it's involving & it's good motivation for some people.... yet the software has too much of a learning curve and is not so user friendly.

also i use this sort of software to create meal plans for people that are happy with that sort of thing or request it....but man, it takes freakin ages to create recipes with the apps i've used so far.

Edited by coin

a quick search of demonoid brings up more than ten results, there is one called 'diet analysis pro 9.0' which is a quarter of a gig download, sounds promising.

if you want to check some of them out, i could be persuaded to give you an invite code. "pretty please" will suffice (coin only, no mobbing me for invite codes this time around)

demonoid's registration is open, no invite needed.

also, have you considered making your own excel spreadsheet? wouldn't be too hard to make one to calculate calories, track weight loss, etc. for people such as myself with little/no programming ability, i think the power of excel is often underestimated.

demonoid's registration is open, no invite needed.

also, have you considered making your own excel spreadsheet? wouldn't be too hard to make one to calculate calories, track weight loss, etc. for people such as myself with little/no programming ability, i think the power of excel is often underestimated.

Agreed. Worth pointing out these "software packages" are usually just crappy interfaces for a MS excel spreadsheet or access database anyway, and you will have a terrible time when MS brings out the next iteration of office.

If you do it yourself in excel it will probably port much nicer to the next version and you can back it up on google docs or whatever.

I'd be willing to help ya out on it coin, just send me a PM.

Edited by apothecary

Demonoid registration is actually closed atm so you will need an invitation code... I got one spare as well though.

thanks everyone for looking into it...and for the invite offers

thanks apothecary...i thought there was something odd & clunky about those programs...they almost look like windows 3.x apps. thanks very much for the offer also

i found a review of a few programs so i'm having a look at those...there's got to be something that is decent and easy to use & looks modern.

will take me a couple of days to check them out