The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mr b.caapi

Mysterious Herb/Alchemy book.

Its probably been posted on here before, and im sure most of you have read about it, but ive always found this book and mystery really interesting.

http://www.crystalinks.com/voynich.html

some of you guys should have a look at the last posted link 'edithsherwood.com' but at bottom right you have to click next page. seems fairly plausible, his translations so far are to do with the plants, there are a few ethnobots in there.

the idea that it may have been done by a ten year old is interesting, it would explain the crappy, somewhat fantastic illustrations.

There was a book about the Yoynich manuscript in the Brisbane City Library which I read around 05, insanely interesting.

Pretty sure it would still be there if any Brisy people are interested.

i think it's allure is it's mystery. i doubt it holds any secrets of great import. the illustrations are too fanciful, but then again, maybe that is to hide their amazing significance :P

Alot of the botanical illustrations seem to be of identifying run of the mill plants like Sunflowers, while alot of them seemed to be random made up botanical plants. e.g: Flowers with root structures that arn't really possible.

I'm convinced it's old, but not entirely convinced that it wasn't created due to interested in old alchemical works and the prices people have been willing to pay, even 300 years ago.