The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

British style rapper/belizean ragga/dub screamer wanted!

Ive been thinking obsessively about music for many years - have worked on a variety of projects like Spiders of zen and more recently Mood market. (the later on myspace - www.myspace.com/moodmarket).

I have firmly decided that acid techno/house and the wobbliness of the LFOs and filters on the old Roland tc-303 are where its at. Recent styles like dubstep, etc seem to agree with their revisiting of the old wobblers sounds with some new quirks due to better bass generators and LFOs.

I also loved the vibe and scene of the old acid days - it was all fun, naughtEness and a kind of irreverance that was never found in later genres.

Im also not a huge fan of trance. I do like some of it, but it seems often riddled with cliches and psytrance in particular often seems to prescribe to these unconscious rules about the structure of tracks that ultimately stiffle its progression.

So my new style is hoping to marry a mixture of early acid sounds using better, modern techniques, coupled with the vibe of the early 90s trip hop and the vibe of the ragga/dub stuff I listened to while in Belize smoken em plenty.

This stuff will be up on myspace shortly under the name www.myspace.com/bubblekatt.

i think its gonna work and I need some help

i want to add some rapping and maybe even some reggae ragga singing to it. The rapping would be more of a british vibe than an american vibe. Im thinking roots manuva's cheeky humourous stuff rather than the seriousness of the US hip hop scene or the cliched aussie hip hop sound.

Can you help?? cheers!!

man i cant stand dizee rascal!! BONKERS! ??

i liked the last one, think it would be quite nice with a chick singer with a eerie voice.

had to tell with the others as there short.

edit mood market is pretty wild man

Edited by spacemonk