The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Fenris

Blue Balls

:unsure: Last Monday evening I was on my way home from work on my motorcycle, filtering through traffic that had come to a virtual standstill. The traffic in my direction had a green light, I noticed a space open up in front of a couple of large 4WD's and gave it a squirt to fill the gap. Unfortunately there was a ute wanting to cross the traffic into a lane way who also saw the space and gave it a squirt t get through. He turned right across the flow of traffic and the front wheel of my bike impacted the front wheel of his car. I bounced off the fuel tank on the bike :blink: landing on his bonnet, then the road then crawled away in agony.

In the emergency ward I was being xrayed to make sure I had not broken my pelvis and the police arrived and questioned my recollection of the incident which matched the 3 witness statements they had, I asked if I was in the wrong and was told no, I had the right of way and was perfectly within my rights to lane split while the traffic was stopped. They then proceeded to issue me with a careless driving infringement, I'm on a stretcher in pain urinating blood with half my clothes cut off and they are concerned about infringements. :BANGHEAD2:

What really annoyed me was that the other party who was crossing in front of traffic and did not have right of way, seems to have been let off without any infringement at all, there seems to be some bias going on here I think.

As far as the collision went neither of us could see each other due to the towering 4WD, neither of us were speeding, I had right of way. My insurance cover is 3rd party fire & theft and I am really concerned that with the infringement against me, my claim against his insurance company won't get off the ground.

The front end of my bike is a write off, the forks are wrecked but all in all its not too bad, just as well it was a slow speed impact.

This is where it gets really unfortunate; I had booked a 6 week trip to Peru which I was meant to be leaving for in under 3 weeks. I have had to cancel everything from Machu Pichu to jungle ceremony with Percy. Just as well I have travel insurance.

There were some internal injuries and I have to pee with the aid of a catheter and tap for the next 6 weeks and my hand is in a cast. Fortunately the jewels didn't rupture. All in all I think I am pretty lucky.

I have had a feeling for some time that I am sitting on a surfboard in the ocean waiting for a wave, finally when the swell starts to build, I start paddling and the unknowable adventure follows. In this instance I felt the swell approaching but I got bitten by a shark just before getting on the wave.

Thats terrible news!!

I really feel quite sypathetic towards you, i hope you get better soon pal.... i'm sending positive vibes your way and i'm glad you will be fine soon!!

Man, i just want to say this , there is one main reason why i havent had any major plans for the last few years, as when ever i do a fucking stupid shark comes from out of nowhere and gets me just as i am about to jump up on my board too!!

Like you i am glad for my relative health - and the fact i still have nuts as well

Best wishes man :wink:

Very sorry to hear your story. Glad to hear your relatively ok.

Good luck with the travel insurance, in my experience it is fucking useless.

I'm thinking of getting a bike soon as my main means of commuting..... would you recommend against it now?

Anyway, all the best dude.

Sounds like you were very lucky there pal, Heres wishing that you heal up strong & quick!

Also I wish you all the best of luck on getting your trip to Peru back on track.

That is one of my current goals in life right now,

I had the opportunity to go over a bit over 12 months ago, But at the same time I had a few serious life sitiations & health problems develop & made a lot of bad descisons with my finances and ended up broke, So that was the end of my chancees for quite a while again!

Sorry for the rant, Cheers!

dispute the infringement in court?

sorry about your testes man i hope they get well soon. i suspect you're right about the infringement though.. it sounds as though it may be completely unwarranted or at least the other driver should get on too.

Wow man, no advice on the infringement but really sorry to hear all that, hope you feel better soon.

Peace

Pussy

:P

:wave-finger::bootyshake: Naja Ill sort you out later. :P

Thanks for the kind words guys. Im still a mad keen motorcyclist and no doubt when this is all well behind me I will be back on a bike enjoying the thrill of 2 wheels. Ive been riding road bikes for about 17 years, I also raced an R6 in clubman division for a couple of years and was on dirtbikes at 12 so its kind on ingrained.