The Corroboree
folias

Banisteriopsis Caapi

Got my cuts too thanks :)

Got my cuts, thank you so much :lol: I'll be planting a stem piece somewhere I don't mind it running rampant. Actually is this time of year suitable to plant it in Sydney ground? I should probably wait until it warms up again shouldn't I? My little caapis in pots seem to be doing well in the sun, one of which I think I can actually see the shoots growing in front of my eyes hehe.

One more question, I've read that the material stores well without losing potency, but should it be kept dry? Frozen? Fine in a cool dry cupboard? Airtight?

I'll be planting a stem piece somewhere I don't mind it running rampant. Actually is this time of year suitable to plant it in Sydney ground? I should probably wait until it warms up again shouldn't I?

get a little green house thingy from bunnings!

some rooting gel is good too!

Someone told me you can just lie the vine in coconut fibre for a winter in a sealed box, and in spring, it will be all nice and rooted!

this is a good ref too

http://forums.ayahuasca.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2694

One more question, I've read that the material stores well without losing potency, but should it be kept dry? Frozen? Fine in a cool dry cupboard? Airtight?

You should really root the fresh material and it will grow!

Dried vine just needs to be stored like any other herb.

Julian.

Thanks Julian!,

Received the cuttings!! Freakin legend! :)

Yeah, same here julian, muchly appreciated... Awesome :)

Thanks for the tips :) I'll get started on the weekend.

ohh seeing this thread has reminded me i never got my cuts i am happy to wiat but just wanted to remind you julian

G'day Folias, wondering if there's still any cuttings available? Beautiful specimen!

High Folias was also wondering ifany more cutting available would love to get a speciman

VelvetSiren,

I was sure I sent yours out! :-(

Give me till early-mid spring, when I get the next batch of cuttings!

Same goes for other people I'm afraid! It will propogate better in spring anyway!

Julian.

yeah man never got anything in the post, i am not that fussed though

I have access to this vine again! If you are interested in cuttings send me a PM! :-)

Wow that is quite that plant. How many years did that take you to grow I have one at the moment but it is only a little buba any tips in maintaining it. Should I keep it inside in a controled environment or leave it outside to tuffen it up.

For sure it should be outside!

It is not mine. It is 11 years old I think. And it is given a LOT of water in summer. :-)

Anymore available folias? I've got a young cutting in the ground in the property i'm renting atm... hoping she grows much larger before i have to move but if not ill do my best to take cuttings or transplant [still a transplantable size atleast for now]

i've noticed she is loving the weather we have been getting lately... much more humid than normal... i've got a home-made liquid fertiliser from [racing grade] pigeon poo and [washed] seaweed... approx 5-6 years old... my other plants LOVE it... would it be recommended for this beauty? I currently have her growing under a clear sheet of perspex to increase humidity being i'm in SA and for now it's working... i'm more concerned about our winter...

Any growing advice is welcome and if you can spare any more cuttings; name your price and i'll get it sorted, it's the sort of plant you can't grow too much of... especially in Adelaide... I don't even know if anyone else is trying to grow it here?!

Thanks so much for spreading the love Folias... :worship:B)

yeah, I have a fair bit available. The good news here is that interest is much less than in previous times, which means people are much more sorted than they used to be. And there are people in SA growing it! :-)