The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Any bush regen experts out there?

Wondering if anyone could come up with some rough numbers on how much it would cost to replant 100Ha of cleared bush to return it to native forest? How many trees are we talking? How long would it take to do the replanting? What would be survival rates of replanted trees/plants assuming decent rainfall and good soil fertility area?

Basically, if you are a bush regen expert, I'd like to have a chat :)

Edited by Sina

i'm no expert, but i used to do alot ov work w/these guys:

http://www.landcareonline.com/

i'm sure they could give you some ideas.

As for the cost ov trees, we used to get alot ov them free from local nurseries who were happy to support the cause.

No harm in you approaching a few.

I'm no expert either, but someone I know is. They have a contract to do bush regen/rehab for a large quarry/mine so could probably give some pointers.

PM me some more details and I'll run it by them.

probably would have been easier if it was planned before it was cleared. now weeds will be more of a prob

I'm sure the REGEN crew in Sydney could answer a lot of your questions Sina...do you know any of them..?...they live just around the corner from me and I have one of the lads phone number, if you want me to get in contact with him I'm more than happy to.

H.

Sina you should speak to J', Revs friend who you met at the first midginbil camps. not sure what his name is over at AE, Phleb or something?

Rev should be able to hook you up wiht his number anyway, he does lots of Regen work. particularly wiht acacias :)

Hi guys,

Good suggestions thanks!

Yes I know a few of the REGEN crew myself as I was supposed to be running a stall at REGROWTH08 before it was cancelled. Not sure they will have the expertise I need, but maybe. Will keep it in mind when I see some of them on Sat.

Great reminder AndyAmine, yes I indeed remember J and have seen him often since then at doofs up your side of the border! Can contact him on oztrance thanks.

But Yeti, definitely the winner! lol! Closest to what I'm after.

Landcare is a great org thanks nab, I might actually get in contact with them directly for this idea.

Thanks again guys!