The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Teotzlcoatl

Cyperus articulatus

I have no idea about this plant....

Can anybody tell me anything?

I'm a little confused.

"No idea" about what? Could you be more specific? I assume you have UTFSE or perhaps this amazing site: google "cyperus articulatus".

Have I been gone so long that I missed a trend at SAB toward failing to do any preliminary research on a subject and degrading the valuable database of information into a chatroom of nonsense postings declaring lack of knowledge and inability to look for oneself?

Or am I just an asshole and this is repeatedly tolerated for some good reason that is not apparent to my dumb American ass?

Content is important. Superfluous posts dilute the community's collective intelligence. Read, think, post; in that order.

I'm off to be a jerk elsewhere, now. Love you guys :wub:

I was confused on the subject of this plants common name... is this the only "Piri-Piri"?

No its not, C. rotundus, C. gigantea, and others are too... as well as one in another south american sedge genus I forgot to write down its name tho Z... something I think, maby it was S..., I'm sure that helps :P Many of the piri-piri of south america were never researched enough to determine species and just listed as Cyperus sp. Try google scholar for what western medicine knows about specific piri piri species- some are sedatives, anticonvulsants, etc.

And if you count other lands theres more, in tahiti theres at least seven piripiri plants including grasses, herbs, and shrubs.