The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Inyan

Brugmansia aurea (pure species)

Brugmansia aurea, the pure species, is very rare. I have yellow gold, white, and pink forms of this pure species. If anyone is interested in these give me a holler. Available for trade only. Double oranges, etc. also exist in my collection. Let me know what you have and are willing to trade. I'm particular to variegates, crested, and monstrose type cacti, but I'll entertain other novelties.

post-5139-1229867800.jpg

post-5139-1229867800.jpg

post-5139-1229867800.jpg

Brugmansia aurea, the pure species, is very rare. I have yellow gold, white, and pink forms of this pure species. If anyone is interested in these give me a holler. Available for trade only. Double oranges, etc. also exist in my collection. Let me know what you have and are willing to trade. I'm particular to variegates, crested, and monstrose type cacti, but I'll entertain other novelties.

hey man,iv got plenty of fresh nocto cactus seeds as well as ferro cactus, also got a crested opuntia if ya interested

PEACE

Wild x Wild isn't technically wild anymore, but still pure. I have pure species cuttings, rooted plants, grafts, etc. All of my seed for this season has already been planted. Besides, Brugmansia will throw out mostly whites when you cross yellows to pinks etc. Pink to Pink or yellow to yellow will give you a good percentage of colors though. Any Brugmansia aurea crossed to a double will give you more doubles. Still, if you want one in color your best bet would be to cross a pure aurea gold to a double orange.

Do you have some pictures of your crested Opuntia?

I believe you are in Europe INYAN...just thought I'd ask as sending seeds here to other members could be quite problematic.

H.

Triples, doubles, etc. All you need is a single double to get triples in your breeding program. Now, to get a double with any color you are best starting off with a double in color and breeding to a like color as otherwise you are likely to get mostly whites and a few that will stretch your imagination as to how they came to be in a sea of whites.

Doubles like this one here are something of a novelty still, albeit their is an ever increasing number of good orange doubles out there.

post-5139-1230224014_thumb.jpg

have bred one double yellow.......a few flowers had a darker virtually orange centre......looks like an aurea.......colours versicolour,yellow/white/yellow.......first seed pod from it yesterday!

t s t .

Congrats tantra. I like the double yellows as well. Double oranges are still my favorite mind you if were talking doubles. Still, the fact that it looks like an aurea which is my favorite species is something to be recognized. Can you post a picture of your hybrid creation in flower as well as the seed pod?

Many thanks from a fellow Brugmansia nut.