The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
FancyPants

A. colubrina seed casings

I've been reading up a lot on Vilca, and because my nasal passages are pretty fubar as it is, I've decided smoking is the go. One thing I've noticed when I UTFSE is that everyone says to remove the seed casing, yet somewhere else it was mentioned that the dark seed pods might be where people think n,n DMT is contained. Why do people remove the seed casing? Might it not also contain either Meo or nn, DMT?

I popped two seeds, and crushed up the whole lot - casings and all - mixed with a pinch or so of bicarb, crushed it up in pestle and mortar again and sat about half a cone-worth on top of a dried iboga leaf in my water pipe and smoked with regular lighter. Very heavy body feeling, initially tight chest (which I guess from the fats being inhaled) and then laying back on my bed (after putting pipe away safely) and felt vaguely paralysed (rofl well more than normal) but when I wanted to move a limb I could quite easily. The OEV were hardly anything, but CEV were like being washed out to sea in waves of lines which reminded me of the oldskool screensavers. Like being trapped in translucent, flowing, elastic netting. I've had a medium dose dmt smoke and it's nothing visually compared to that of course, so I guess what I felt was the bufo. It wore off within 15minutes.

I noticed people had mixed reactions with smoking, with Nabraxis saying the nausea was worse with smoking; I experienced no nausea.

So with people's various experience with colubrina, what is the verdict on seed casing alkaloid content, and what difference has been noticed from bioassays from others far more experienced than I? I wrote my experience to help describe, not to just say blah blah I got ferked up go me :rolleyes:

i wouldnt throw out the seed coat.....predose with maoi for about 2hrs of effects.

dont know if bicarb helps with smoking but usually you wet the material ,add a little bicarb,mix,allow to react a few hours at least ,then dry for use.

full effects from cebil seeds appeared at about 4 whole seeds.....a lot of smoking.....

t s t .

i wouldnt throw out the seed coat.....predose with maoi for about 2hrs of effects.

dont know if bicarb helps with smoking but usually you wet the material ,add a little bicarb,mix,allow to react a few hours at least ,then dry for use.

full effects from cebil seeds appeared at about 4 whole seeds.....a lot of smoking.....

t s t .

For the seed coating, is there enough D to smoke from around 6 seeds? I'm assuming if I'm not orally ingesting it I don't need the maoi. I guess there wouldn't be enough, but I don't have an MAOI except for st johns wort 1800mg tablets unless they're enough?

I was too impatient the first time to add water and let dry :blush: I'll do it the right way next time.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=64707

looks like this might help you, looks really easy to do. well written.

edit vagueness

Unfortunately I just don't trust myself to use solvents and acids etc except for the standard household stuff. Even that I'm hesitant to use because I'm hitting a brick wall every time I try and understand extractions. But I refuse to do experiments with potentially harmful substances until I understand WHY it works, before I figure out HOW.

I've bookmarked that report though for when I do have more confidence so thank you :)

Edited by FancyPants

should be mild effects with 6 seed cases.......more than nothing anyhow.......the maoi will make the effects longer whether smoking snorting or oral......usually predose with maoi if using it .

t s t .

OK, so 3 seeds with bicarb plus a little water and shafted is a quite full-on experience. And it came on almost instantly. The psychedelic effects (particularly CEVs) were the level I wanted, while unfortunately the body load was almost unbearable.

Edit: VVVV Impatience and substance experimentation certainly don't mix hehe. Lesson reinforced no doubt about that.

Edited by FancyPants

I was too impatient the first time to add water and let dry blush.gif

... unfortunately the body load was almost unbearable.

:rolleyes:

oops double post ...i guess i was too impatient too :blush:

Edited by mauve

A friend of mine in Brazil has been messing about with A. colubrina for a while now, he's prepared it using either slaked lime or ammonia, both with and without casings. As far as he can tell the casings are removed for snorting because they're a bugger to grind up fine enough and will make an already brutal experience even more so. When smoking (his prefered method) he leaves the casings on and just puts the toasted, popped seeds straight into the pestle and mortar. When choosing your method of freebasing its important to consider the pH of the substance; ammonia or pickling lime/slaked lime both are up at around pH 11.5 which is strongly basic, where as bicarb is at about pH 8 so may not freebase all your bufotenin. For smoking he's found ammonia very effective as it doesn't add any non-flammable bulk to the mix like the lime does, just make sure you let all the ammonia evaporate before you consume.

A word of caution with that baron tek from erowid, my friend has attempted it a couple of times without success, he's also found a lot of info that draws questions about the calcium bufotenate theory. If you want a simple extraction method just soak your prepared vilca in high grade alcohol or acetone for 3-4 days, repeat this 3 times then evap the liquid leaving a sticky gunk. This gunk can then be soaked onto a little more of the vilca to give a concentrated form. Of course I'd only attempt that if you're in a country where it would be legal like Brazil.